• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Early Signing Period Begins Today

Brad:

I agree although I am more familiar with the women's side of the recruiting equation. Look for Seton to have his full compliment of openings filled for next year before this signing period is over.

PBP

From Arizona Western College:

YUMA, AZ – One season after leading the Arizona Western College Matador basketball team to the Region I Championship as a freshman, sophomore guard Ali Faruqbey signed with Idaho State. Faruqbey led the Matadors by scoring 16.3 points per game in his freshman season.

“Ali is one of the top two-guards of anyone I have ever coached,” said head coach Charles Harral. “We hope he can get healthy and back in action this season.”

A broken wrist has kept the shooting guard out during the early part of the season. No timetable has been set for his return from surgery.

As a freshman, Faruqbey combined a smooth outside shot with his slashing ability. The Chicago native shot 38.6% from the three-point line while also shooting 45.9% from the field. He combined with guard Anthony Alston to pester opposing offenses and averaged nearly one steal per game. The 6’2 shooting guard also rebounded well for his position and pulled down four rebounds a night.

Faruqbey heads to a program that has struggled so far with outside shooting. Through two games, the Idaho State Bengals have one player with at least five made three’s. Last season’s team had only two players make more than 50 three’s.

Matador Athletics: Faruqbey Signs

Not to wish anybody ill will, but I hope Ali redshirts this year and comes to ISU with three to play. We could sure use him this year.

That would be great to get him as a sophomore. Have you heard if Anthony Knight is still with the program and if he is on track academically? I know it is early in the academic year but I am wondering if he is enrolled and progressing?

I understand ISU sports information will officially release the list of ISU women's basketball signees tomorrow (Friday.) Should be three names.

PBP

So your boy hasn't hit a shot all season (0-13 to be exact) and you're talking about the coach being garbage?? Wow...

RUHS:

If I remember correctly your expectations for this team were very unrealistic (I recall you saying they were going to beat New Mexico...at their place... to cite one example.)

This is a work in progress, they'll be better when they can actually start playing teams at their level in the conference. I still think they could sneak into the conference post season tournament.

Blaming this on the coach is pretty ludicrous.

PBP

I agree with PBP. I'm impressed with Evans. He's trying to build a program which doesn't happen overnight. Give it some time. Look at the success of the football program this year. Blaming someone and calling them garbage does no good. We are red shirting 3 players, just signed an offensive minded guard for next year, and are playing a true freshman as back up point. Not saying that Ian isnt a decent player but most true freshman don't typically get tons of minutes since they are learning the system and the jump from high school to D-1 basketball is huge. Negativity is cancerous in any program. Look where we can improve and be realistic. Rome wasn't built in a day.

RUHS let me educate you: Bill Evans is one of the most respected coaches -- and one of the most respected people -- in the Big Sky. Unfortunately, this year's team is under-recruited. In simple terms there is a lack of talent on this team. They are going to struggle to score all year. Bill's first team at ISU struggled with the same problems, but Bill adjusted his offensive approach last year, and with a year of growth from his recruits, they were a fun team to watch last season. Unfortunately they did not recruit kids who could step right in and contribute this year. At least not in November.

I understand your ties to Ian Fox and your emabarrassment that he's started off his college career 0 for his first 13 from the field. Hopefully you can take a deep breath and give both Ian and the Bengal program a chance to grow and get a little experience together. Hey nobody likes to lose, but you have to have some realistic expectations. Especially with regard to an ISU program that hasn't been a serious contender for about 20 years.

And you're not going to have any credibility by coming on this board and throwing temper tantrums. Is it fair to criticize performance and coaching approach? Sure. But try to keep things in perspective. You're going to make yourself crazy if you take every 18-point loss to a PAC 12 team personally. And you're going to be badly disappointed if you don't think freshmen like Ian are going to have growing pains.

RUHS said:
Coach Evans is garbage!

Quite obvious your one of Ian's buddies from high school who is now at a JC somewhere in SoCal. You NEVER did your homework on Big Sky basketball and your boy is suffering because of your big mouth. By putting unreal expectations on Fox YOU have hurt his start and possibly his psyche for the whole season. Sit on your futon and keep your mouth shut and he will be much better off.

RUHS said:
Coach Evans is garbage!

I guess you've changed your opinion....humility is hard to attain but well worth it in the end...

P.S. Hope this maturing process isn't a temporary thing....You will have to prove me wrong in my prediction on your future playing level (NAIA, DII, or DI)

Latest posts

Back