• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

EWU v. ISU

john_clayton

Not meant to taking anything away from eagle1's thread about the eastern game, but what's it gonna take for ISU to get a "W" v. EWU? Match-ups in our favor/against? What to expect from this contest?
Not much discussion yet on this week's BSC opener for both teams...

From Caccia Field, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

The whole team (including coaches) needs to start off with a fire in their belly for the WHOLE game. Not the second half but the WHOLE Flippin game! Our defense needs to wake up or simply CHANGE the scheme. The one that they are using ISN"T working. I am sick of giving the other teams record breaking games on offense, (passing and rushing) against us. Learn how to TACKLE! FYI, you can't tackle the shoulder pads. It's the feet you want to stop. DON"T try to strip the ball on every tackle. Learn HOW to tackle first and then try to strip. CLOCK management PLEASE! One time is excusable but I am seeing this carry over from last year. We could and should have had more points or a TRY at more points but the lack of clock management hindered that. WATCH for the pass on third down and watch for the deep ball! Stay focused. If we are down and we get a sack DON"T act like we are winning or that we are BSC champs.(some players act like we have won a national championship and strutt their stuff after a sack) STRUTT YOUR STUFF IF WE ARE WINNING! Stay focused and get another sack. If we are up then it may warrant a little celebration!?

North Dakota came into OUR house and kicked our azz. They wanted it. They knew they were going to win. They executed time after time on both sides of the ball. They tackled well and hit hard and came out and hit us in the mouth. I was extremely impressed with North Dakota. (IF) we play like North Dakota against E. Washington we will win.

This is make or break time folks! I am Sick and tired of mediocrity-gut wrenching-almost shoulda-coulda BS. Coaches-players-fans it is time to wake up. This crap can't go on year after year after year. People are getting tired and it shows out in the community. You get a win at E.W. this weekend and watch how many people show up to the next game. Coaches and players, If you don't think you can win then keep your AZZ's home! If you think you can win then get up there and make ISU and Southeast Idaho Proud! The thing about it is (WE) know you can win and (YOU) know you can win. Just Do It! Go Bengals!

Believe it or not luv2hateme has made me think about a few things. He was spot on with some items. Are we brain washed with mediocrity? Lets change our way of thinking!

Agreed.
2hateme-- I just didn't like your delivery approach, it was extremely sarcastic and disrespectful even tho I agree with some of his principles like u are saying Roar.
I think we for the most part have capable athletes on the roster to perform competetively against most. However, I am starting to look more at the coaching staff to not only put the right athletes on the field and in the best positions, but to also be prepared and have an executable game plan to combat the opposing teams strengths and exploit their weaknesses and tendancies-not do the same things over and over again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
The X's and O's part of it can't be overlooked anymore.
At this point, if we don't have the horses to play a position in the scheme(I'm talking mostly defense), then we better change the scheme to accomodate the athletes that we have (until we can find others that can perform in it)
Eastern has the best QB in the Sky and will look to do some serious damage in our backfield.
I hope we are prepared for battle!!

It looks like the coaches are not going to make any changes. This defensive line up we have, with the exception of AJ starting last week is 0-3. I seriously don’t know why they continue to stay with the same. Three opponents, three new records. What is it going to take to make some changes? 0-4?
The fan base or what is left, will go watch softball practice. Or watch basketball try outs. But you can’t blame them.
I hate losing as much as the next person, this team has the horses to win. If we would just use them……..ALL AT THE SAME TIME…..:Damn it. The next defensive player jumps up and down after a sack with us behind in a game, look for popcorn coming your way, along with some polite words. “Cover your kid’s ears up”.
If you show up with emotions and a CONTROLLED attitude we can win.
There is a lot of blame to go around for the losing streak we have. Here is my top four in order, what’s yours?
1. Booster club
2. Coaches
3. Players
4. Fans
The booster changes attitude of the coaches, which changes the players to which we as fans get what we want……A F,,,,ing winner.

Kick Azz Bengals….

D.M. said:
There is a lot of blame to go around for the losing streak we have. Here is my top four in order, what’s yours?
1. Booster club
2. Coaches
3. Players
4. Fans
The booster changes attitude of the coaches, which changes the players to which we as fans get what we want……A F,,,,ing winner.

1. University/Community/State officials and administration. $$$$. facilities=recruits=wins=tradition
2. Boosters. $$$$. facilities=recruits=wins=tradition
3. Coaches turnover. What staff hasn't gotten fired in the past 15 years. facilities=recruits=wins=coaches don't get fired=tradition=more recruits.
4. Players. Good enough recruits to compete but not good enough to win consistently or even break .500. facilities=recruits=wins=tradition.

Latest posts

Back