• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Fall Camp

shelMr

Things are pretty quiet so far this year... Anyone been able to attend any fall camp practices or the 1st scrimmage? How's the team looking?

Really good write up in the Standard:

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2023/aug/12/weber-state-football-holds-first-scrimmage-as-depth-chart-battles-play-out/

Scrimmage this Saturday night at Bonneville HS.

There is always a little trepidation when there is a change in coaching. Jay Hill will always be one of the best coaches to come through WSU football. However, nearly all of the rest of the coaches are returning and the new head coach is not new to the program. Coach Mental installed a new offense last year and the core of that group is back this year. There is good reason to believe that the offense will take a step forward in the second year of its implimentation. The defensive coaches are back with a large group of their cotributors returning as well. The defense should be as good as they always are. Lessons have been learned by all of our coaches in special teams and I see no reason to think there will be any drop off there. All of our kickers return.

I don't see us taking a step backward at all. If anything, I feel that we have a very good chance to be better than last year.

I'm excited to get this thing going.

GO WILDCATS

I tend to agree with your points. Still have really talented players. I think the coaches will be just fine from a technique and schematic perspective. I expect the offense to take a step forward this year and it sounds like we have some talent at QB waiting in the pipleline.

I do worry about the loss of leadership with Hill. I think he will be missed in those gut check close game moments. Have a ton of faith in the program, though. We will see how it all shakes out soon. Looking forward to it!

shelMr said:
I do worry about the loss of leadership with Hill. I think he will be missed in those gut check close game moments. Have a ton of faith in the program, though. We will see how it all shakes out soon. Looking forward to it!
Yes. That is the concern. However, I would point to how he has performed as a HC in D11, and as an offensive coordinator in D11 and last year for us. As a D11 head coach, he won at a very high level. His personality is a lot like Hill's. I feel that he is a leader in every aspect of what leaders are and do. Like Hill, he answers questions respectfully and as thouroughly as he can. He doesn't seem to waiver when the pressure is on.

I think we will know exactly where we stand after the Montana State game. I'm glad we get that one in the 4th week of the season and on our turf.

I'm an eternal optomist and feel very good about where our program is headed. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back