• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fall Camp

Bengalfanatic2014

Time to get talking about fall camp. First practice is tonight at 6:30. I am very pumped for the upcoming season. It will be interesting to see what young bucks play as true freshman. I know our fan base is more pumped then ever. Any position battles that will be going on? Lets get the talk going about fall camp. Any last minute guys coming? Any news?

Kyle Franko had a good article in today's Journal on five important questions as camp opens:

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-let-s-talk-bengals-idaho-state-camp-kicks/article_f194b0ea-40b6-11e5-93b1-abb6303e1b44.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skippy said:
Kyle Franko had a good article in today's Journal on five important questions as camp opens:

Skippy what are going to do with 92 guys in champ? I thought the FCS rules were 85 unless I'm wrong?

Skippy can correct me if I'm wrong, but FCS schools can award a total of 63 full-rides and can split them (i.e. offer a partial scholarship) up to a total of 85 players. I think any walk-ons (i.e. non-scholarship players) aren't included in that 85 figure. So as long as any additional players above that 85 threshold aren't scholarship players, it shouldn't matter.

Skippy?

I think the maximum total roster size is 90. May be wrong but I always thought that. I think it needs to be at that amount when school starts.

....I thought the "maximum" was 95 for fall camp....and you had to get to 85 before the first game....through folks being red shirted, dropping off, etc....skippy...or votb....enlighten us with the facts please.... :coffee:

I believe you are allowed to bring up to 90 players to camp prior to school starting or your first game, whichever comes first. You can add players after that time, but I'm not sure what that limit is, if any.

You are allowed to spread the equivalent of 63 scholarships among a total of no more than 85 players. Any players on the roster above that number are walk-ons. The concept of a "preferred walk-on" applies to players who aren't getting scholarship money, but are guaranteed a spot on the roster when training camp opens.

17.10.2.1.3 Limit on Number of Participants—Championship Subdivision. [FCS] In championship
subdivision football, there shall be a limit of 95 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities
prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted:
1/11/94, Revised: 12/15/06, 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

page 252 of the manual

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D116.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sasquatch said:
17.10.2.1.3 Limit on Number of Participants—Championship Subdivision. [FCS] In championship
subdivision football, there shall be a limit of 95 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities
prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted:
1/11/94, Revised: 12/15/06, 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11)

page 252 of the manual

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D116.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Sas, I was trying to find that rule.

Latest posts

Back