• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

FCS Stadium Rankings

psk584

Out of 125 FCS football stadiums Holt Arena came in at # 120. The only Big Sky Conference school ranked lower than Holt was Sacramento State's field. Shows just how bad we need to improve Holt. Also can't be easy not being able to use where you play as a recruiting tool making it very difficult to compete with the rest of the conference.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/12-29-2015/1303/2015-fcs-college-football-stadium-experience-rankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you say I'm sure it impacts recruiting at least to a certain degree. I don't know what the answer is though. The tax payers a few years ago voted down some additional property tax increases to help fund a renovation and I don't know if they could raise the millions needed to build something else.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of 'big name' for wont of a better word businesses in the immediate area who could donate the money needed.

For example there are three or four new businesses coming into Pocatello / Chubbuck in the next few months. As you drive around you can see the properties being developed...the catch is they are all fast food places. You aren't going to get millions of donation dollars out of that.

The Fortune 500 companies just aren't here.

Sooner or later though the lifespan of Holt Arena is going to expire, there's no getting around that fact.

PBP

Put some orange bleacher seats for 7000 people around the NEW practice field for the games. It would be called the Bengals Den. Students and Fans would love a change especially outdoors.

up for the challenge said:
Put some orange bleacher seats for 7000 people around the NEW practice field for the games. It would be called the Bengals Den. Students and Fans would love a change especially outdoors.
The new practice field IS beautiful.

I think ISU should really look into selling the naming rights to Holt Arena and put the money into upgrades. Large companies in the area I can think of are Simplot and maybe which is new to the area Amy's Kitchen. The indoor arena can be very marketable to new recruits. Reading through the list of top FCS stadiums all of the other domes in the nation are described as "menacing" or "loud" when the fan turnout is there. We just need to improve the level of play on the field and the arena will already become more marketable if it truly becomes a "dome-field-advantage." If all that is changed to begin with are the ugly seats and an upgrade to the HVAC I believe many people would already be happy. Even the journalist of the article describes the Holt Arena as old and dated. "Walking into Holt Arena feels like entering a time warp. The late sixties and early seventies utilitarian motif has not changed. The molded plastic seats throughout the arena colored in drab orange, green, and gold will take you back to the Brady Bunch days."

BengalBannMan said:
The new practice field IS beautiful.

Instead of 7000 bleacher seats for the NEW practice field, which is not used other than spring ball and fall ball, just put in bleachers seats for 2000 people until we start winning games, the new Bengals Den Stadium would be sold out, add more bleacher seats when more people start coming to the games. Playing outdoors in cold or outside weather conditons may help the team win games. Kramer always talk about his players not being able to play well in cold or outside weather conditions because they practice and play in the dome. Change it up Kramer, practice and play outside to make these players and coaches mentally tough. Put them in the weight room on days it is raining hard and having them run the bleachers and do wind sprints inside the dome. They will appreciate practicing and playing outdoors.

BengalBannMan said:
2000 seats is not an option. We often have 6000-8000. Have for the last few years at least.

Only when fans of Montana come to town to see their team play. If more than 2000 ISU fans come they can stand as most leave by halftime anyway. If we win the fans will come and stay and can increase bleacher seats based on attendance. It would be a lions den with the crowd near the field. Fans, players, and coaches would love it. The dome is boring and ugly.

BengalBannMan said:
2000 seats is not an option. We often have 6000-8000. Have for the last few years at least.

Only when fans of Montana come to town to see their team play. If more than 2000 ISU fans come they can stand as most leave by halftime anyway. If we win the fans will come and stay and can increase bleacher seats based on attendance. It would be a lions den with the crowd near the field. Fans, players, and coaches would love it. The dome is boring and ugly.
I understand your thoughts there, but I just respectfully disagree. What do we do when Montana comes to town, sell them 1000 seats and we take a 1000? :thumbdown:
I do think the practice field IS beautiful, but I'll take my backrest of my drab green seat. Actually, mine is the Brady Bunch yellow. :thumb:

Maybe, open up against Simon Frazier on the practice field. We can always say we were 1 - 0 on the practice field. Maybe, start a winning streak as the practice field maybe Good Luck. Our Luck in the Dome has not been very good over the years.

Maybe, open up against Simon Frazier on the practice field. We can always say we were 1 - 0 on the practice field. Maybe, start a winning streak as the practice field maybe Good Luck. Our Luck in the Dome has not been very good over the years.
Love it! Lol. I do love that you're trying to at least try something of change UPTC. Anything to help the Bengals! You're great man. :thumb:
I think we could also be kind and put Idaho Vandals on the practice field schedule. (They may need someone to play next season) ha!

BengalBannMan said:
Love it! Lol. I do love that you're trying to at least try something of change UPTC. Anything to help the Bengals! You're great man. :thumb:
I think we could also be kind and put Idaho Vandals on the practice field schedule. (They may need someone to play next season) ha!

Our we under contract to play inside Holt Arena? If so, we are stuck in the mud. oh well, just a suggestion to play outside on the practice field.

By the way, how many teams practice and play in a dome out of the other 12 teams in the Big Sky? I know of two - North Dakota and Northern Arizona which makes it 3 out 13 teams or 10 teams in the Big Sky play outside. No wonder we cannot play well in an outside environment - the wind, cold, sunlight in their face, night game under the bright lights, shadows on the field, etc. effects our play as we practice and play under perfect conditions all of the time inside a dome. We won one game in the Big Sky last season - where? North Dakota inside a dome. Our kind of environment, right?

We do practice outside, Up, that's why they spent all that money to build the new outdoor practice field. I live up the hill from campus and there are many a night late in the fall when the practice field lights are burning and the Bengals are out in the cold working away.

I know it will not happen as the team practices during the early morning in Holt Arena when the season starts. Who authorized those goal posts at 5,000.00 dollars or more per each for the 1.6 million dollar practice field? We do not kick field goals for 3 points. Must be decoration pieces for recruiting purposes.

I know it will not happen as the team practices during the early morning in Holt Arena when the season starts. Who authorized those goal posts at 5,000.00 dollars or more per each for the 1.6 million dollar practice field? We do not kick field goals for 3 points. Must be decoration pieces for recruiting purposes.

That's funny. We don't kick, we are the bengals. We can't kick or play special teams for that matter. I'm sure many of you seen the NC game today. POWER on both sides ball wins games. Throwing 50+ times per game may win the BSC but not much more. But, we have to start somewhere. I'd be happy winning the conf. but I don't see that happening anytime soon either .

NDSU would be a top 20 team in FBS

bhumble said:

That's funny. We don't kick, we are the bengals. We can't kick or play special teams for that matter. I'm sure many of you seen the NC game today. POWER on both sides ball wins games. Throwing 50+ times per game may win the BSC but not much more. But, we have to start somewhere. I'd be happy winning the conf. but I don't see that happening anytime soon either .

NDSU would be a top 20 team in FBS

bhumble - keep believing.. that is all you can do.

One thing for sure... Kramer got a NFL practice field that he always dreamed about and wanted. Good for him.

Latest posts

Back