• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Final Coach's show Tonight...BENGAL FOOTBALL!

Is there any way this interview can be shared by podcast or at least a summary of what the Big Human had to say? This is torture these coaches shows being inconsistent on Stretch.

Gentlemen, please use the off-season to explore how to improve the online broadcasts of the coaches show. Obviously Stretch Internet sucks. If you want to maintain a fan base outside of Bannock County, you need to improve this. I didn't even know there was a show tonight, but I just went to see if it's on demand yet. It kinda is. The last 10 minutes of the show is all that is on there.

Jerry let the radio station know about the issue when he was told early on in the broadcast that there were problems again regarding Stretch Internet. I thought I heard something about Stretch Internet changing the "IP address" (not exactly sure how that factors in) and not telling the radio station about it.

Jerry said he taped the show on his computer and will make that available to Steve for use so people can listen in. Don't know anymore about this.

I agree this shouldn't be happening. ISU is paying money to Stretch Internet to get the shows and games on the internet and they aren't getting it done. This isn't like trying to put a man on the moon, this shouldn't be taking place.

Mike talked about the team in detail he was going to have coming back in the fall, talked about the quarterback situation for spring practice and a little about next year's schedule. He also went into the coaching staff and the process behind the changes and the new hires.

Said James Delacenserie will be the #1 quarterback during spring practices and that Trae Pilster who had just been moved to a new position will be moved back to quarterback at least for the spring.

Seemed pretty happy about where things stood at this point in time.

PBP

There are certainly other online options for audio besides Stretch Internet. I'm not sure about the cost involved, or whether ISU in a multi-year agreement with Stretch, but something needs to be done. SidearmSports hosts the ISU athletics website, and they offer audio as an option. You'd think a good deal should be able to happen. There have been so many strikes against Stretch, I would have thrown them out a long time ago.

Here's my concern. It's been a few years since ISU lost its Boise radio outlet. When it happened, I remember many of the folks in Boise expressed concern. The ISU folks assured everybody that a new radio outlet would happen, BUT they made it known that everything would be available online regardless. Since everything is moving online, not a big problem. Except for ISU it is, because it's sporadic at best. You can't build, let alone maintain, a base when there's nothing for somebody to grasp onto. People tend to disregard what is unreliable.

I don't have a problem with nurturing your local fan base first. But it's important to still show concern for those outside the immediate area. This includes fans, friends, alumni, parents, even possible recruits.

JJB:

Can't argue with any of your comments / concerns. Makes sense to me. You may want to contact the folks out at ISU to let them know your concerns.

PBP

On the Coach's Show, Coach Kramer said he will not know who his starting QB will be until August 31 but Coach Kramer has a hunch. This maybe the first year under Coach Kramer at ISU where there is a QB controversy and it could continue throughout the season if the starting QB does not play up to his expectations. . Well, I guess we will all have to wait until August 31 to see who is the starting QB in game one. One thing for sure, CJ Reyes will not be the back up QB if needed. Any thoughts on who will be the next starting QB will be? I am thinking Michael Sanders but it is just a hunch.

Latest posts

Back