• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

First Scrimmage

Bengalfanatic2014

I wasn't able to make it to the scrimmage but from the videos that were posted, I saw some good things and of course saw some other things I didn't like. I thought that the defense played well forcing five turnovers. Karstetter was flying around making plays. He is going to have a good year for us if he can stay healthy. I liked the way the secondary was playing. They batted a lot of balls down and were able to create a couple picks. I think we will be fine in the secondary. The biggest concern is still the quarterback position. I think it is safe to say that I hope Sanders gets here early in the summer to learn the offense so he will be ready to go in the fall. I think Gueller will make a good back up but I don't know if any of the qb's are game ready. Just my thoughts. Any other thoughts?

I think we need to run the more. Balance not only makes us better on offense and our defense gets use to playing teams that are not pass first.

In 2013, we passed 61% of the time and ran the ball 39%. Last year, 2014, it became better balanced. We passed 54% of the time, rushing 46%. This year, with Finney, Ford, and Hayes, I wouldn't be surprised to see that gap shrink even more. But just to take the other side, you could argue that the pass-first philosophy is what led to such a successful rushing season last year. Defenses were kept on their toes.

sasquatch said:
In 2013, we passed 61% of the time and ran the ball 39%. Last year, 2014, it became better balanced. We passed 54% of the time, rushing 46%. This year, with Finney, Ford, and Hayes, I wouldn't be surprised to see that gap shrink even more. But just to take the other side, you could argue that the pass-first philosophy is what led to such a successful rushing season last year. Defenses were kept on their toes.

I suspect ISU passed a ton in the scrimmage because we have untested QBs we need to get ready. We already know what our running game can do.

Sure you can say that passing opened up the running game. That's the part of having a balance attack. I'm sure we'll keep that in 2015.

Our defense will be good. Our offense will be good. Our special teams will be good. We have good depth across the board. The only thing missing right now is our JUCO QB in Sanders. I am sure Sanders will be the starting QB as he has the most experience and was one of the top passing JUCO QB's in 2014. If Sanders is the Real Deal than we have a chance at a Big Sky Championship in 2015 and 2016.

Not with schedules like this...

...four straight road games and five out of six games on the road. This is a BSC Championship and potential playoff killer. Maybe a post season chance but that is unlikely.

With that said, I will be glad to be wrong. ;)

The starting QB is in spring ball right now whoever that is . Do you know few reps this kid will get in fall camp and expect him to be really for the start of the season. No way we have to support whoever is under center now.

Eric hollowell said:
The starting QB is in spring ball right now whoever that is . Do you know few reps this kid will get in fall camp and expect him to be really for the start of the season. No way we have to support whoever is under center now.

I think that the Sanders will start over all 3. Sanders had 3800 yards passing with 35 tds and 8 ints with no sacks. The kid played in a fast tempo air- assault offense that is very similar to ISU. The kid is bigger faster stronger and more experienced. If Kramer thought that the other kids would be ready and could lead the team this year he wouldn't have recruited Sanders. I full expect him to start this year.

P.S.
The QB battle in spring ball is for the #2 not to start. I also expect that who ever losses the battle to change positions or transfer.

I agree that Sanders will be our starting quarterback. I just hope that he can spend a lot of time here in Pocatello for the summer and work with the guys. I know a lot of the players plan on sticking around for the summer. They all seem motivated to win our first Big Sky Championship since 2002. Sanders has the best chance in leading the guys there.

I'm not saying he won't only that it takes time to get on the same page with wr. And that's off season and spring. I believe inTanner and feel he can lead this team.

I am impressed with Sanders JUCO stats. What a steal for the Bengals! The Bengals could win the Championship as Sanders maybe the best QB in the Big Sky going into the 2015 season. Holt Arena will sale out once they see Sanders in action. Get ready for the next great QB at ISU. He is the Real Deal ... Can you say Championship for the Bengals ?

Bengalcub - yes, the schedule is not easy but we have a great team with a QB who was second in the nation in passing. Sanders maybe better than Arias and Yost as we now have an experienced team that is loaded with talent, experience, size, speed, and depth.

I don't think we can jump to conclusions and say he is better than Yost and Arias. I do think he has the potential to be one of the best. Watching his highlight film he seems like the real deal. I like his mechanics. I just think this is a big summer for him. He needs to get here ASAP and start working with the guys.

I think Sanders will be better than Arias and Yost because he has great receivers and a big line. Sanders will sling the football around for big yardage and td's and will break every record in the book before he graduates. Can you say MVP and Championship? Get ready folks, the Bengals will climb the rankings fast and Holt Arena will sale out. I am sure Sanders will be here for the summer to work out but if he stays in Arizona do not worry as he will be ready for Fall Camp. Our defense will be good too and yes we do have a traditional punter this year and great long snapper. A lot of talent and experience. How can Big Sky teams beat us? No Way.

Latest posts

Back