• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Football Coach and the Community

spazdog1

There have been a number of threads about bringing fans back to Bengal football games. We talked about events that brings players and coaches out into the community.

I know that not everyone is jacked about BSU football. But, like it or not, Boise loves the Broncos. One of the many reasons is the way the coaches and players interact in the community. Several years ago, Coach Petersen challenged any takers who thought they could beat him in a 3 mile race. There's an entrance fee which goes to the scholarship fund. For every runner that beats Coach Pete, he donates an additional $5 to the scholarship fund. This year, he donated $10. Here're this year's results...

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Over-500-runners-Beat-Coach-Pete-90542454.html

Way back when, with attendance slipping, Coach Pokey Allen challenged the Bronco faithful to sell out the stadium. For selling out the stadium, Pokey lived up to his promise to ride a horse down Broadway Avenue at noon (I think it was noon). Thjs is one of many reasons that people loved Pokey Allen.

My point is that for years, the coaches have embraced the Boise community in an attempt to win over fans. In Pokey Allen's case, the number of fans showing up to football games was dropping off. Pokey's ride down Broadway worked. Pete, well that's a different story, sort of. Bronco Stadium is either sold out or very close to it each and every game. But, Pete does it to interact, almost personify the program. The community loves it.

Coach Z can inspire the Bengal fans to come back to Bengal football, too. It doesn't have to be a fun run or a horseback ride down Yellowstone. Find a niche and who knows...

FYI... I'm 53 right now and my knees are in bad shape. Way back when, I ran cross country at Idaho Falls High School. I made a commitment to race Coach Pete next year. I will race, even if I don't finish. It's a great event and I want to be part of it.

Latest posts

Back