• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Football Hits the Field Friday for 2010 Season

bengalcub

From the official ISU site...

Football Hits the Field Friday for 2010 Season

Team will be transitioning to third offense in three years
Aug. 6, 2010

Pocatello, ID --- Nothing worth its salt is every easy, and that can easily be the case as the 2010 Bengal football squad hits the practice field on Friday for the start of fall camp. It's a camp that will feature new coaches, another new offense, and a sense of urgency all the way around.

The new coaches are offensive coordinator Phil Earley, offensive line coach Jon Clark, and defensive line coach Josh Fetter, who replace Brian Jensen, Mike Havens, and Joe Cullen respectively. One coach moving positions is Kenyon Blue, who goes from asst. linebackers to coaching corners under secondary coach Steve Amrine.

The big name of that group is Earley, who has coached with great success at Auburn, San Diego State, Syracuse and Nevada to name just a few stops along his coaching path. As the new offensive coordinator, he brings with him a third style of offense in the last three years, but one with a proven track record of success. The key for camp and Earley undoubtedly is to get senior quarterback Russel Hill comfortable, and get freshmen backups Kyle Morris and Mike Davenport ready to go just in case.

The sense of urgency stems from several fronts, the most jarring is the football program's APR restrictions, which will limit the team to five days of activity and only 16 hours of countable time, a reduction of four hours and one day. While that limit isn't in play before school starts, it will hit soon enough, making fall camp time extremely valuable.

Read more...

http://www.isubengals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080610aaa.html

Any updates from anyone? Blackfoot , have you been up there yet? Tato? I have not been able to make it yet. I wanted to get a good update from a good source. Anyone feel free to share. I want to hear about the good-bad and ugly.

Let's start with one of the question marks coming into the year, the wide receivers. There are 11 WR's listed in the roster; Benavidas is not playing this year taking us down to 10. Krosch had an appendix removed and will be ready about the time the season starts. Of the nine remaining three were with us in the spring, McConnell, Rumble, and Burel. We have five new guys and one sorta new guy. The new receivers are; Tavoy Moore, Luke Austin, Demetrius Cowherd, Josh Bigler, Ixxy Ramirez, and John Davidson.

Let's just say the most impressive looker right now is Tavoy Moore, man can he run. He has great hands and for the first time ever I'll compare someone to Alfredo Anderson for speed. He adds a demension to the team we have not seen in years. Josh Bigler comes to us from the U of I where they had him playing safety. He is a big physical body which will help in blocking, shows some rust catching, but like most will improve as two a days progress. Demetrius Cowherd is a tremedous athlete who could be just as successful at safety as WR. He has good hands combined with better than average speed. May be a contributer this year but hope we can redshirt him to allow him to grow. Luke Austin is another kid who is showing some skills. Great hands, good speed, and the ability to make the tough play. Really impressive kid. Izzy Ramirez is the new old kid. What I'm seeing from Izzy is a sense of maturity and little swagger which were missing when he was a freshman. Izzy could be some immidiate help. He brings speed and quickness to the field, both things we missed last year. John Davidson is a solid receiver, has good hands and decent speed. Running out of the slot with Moore and Izzy right now. Looks to be a solid contributer.

Looks like the starting group will be Burel, Rumble, and Moore with Krosch coming in as he heals. Cowherd, Ramirez, Bigler, and Austin are the most ready to play of the others. Izzy will most likely backup Moore with the other backing up where needed.

Corry White and Josh Bigler will both add depth and athletic ability to WR and RB...I got to know both of them while they were up at U of I !!! This is a great move for them and for ISU!!

They are both good players and good young men!!

GO BENGALS!!!

Good to see you back OLD #74. Thanks Blackfoot for the update. Why isn't Benavidas playing this year? I am amazed that he even considered coming back. What a stud athlete.

Thanks, Good to be back and to see yet another season of football upon us!

Two seasons in sport....FOOTBALL SEASON, and WAITING FOR NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON TO COME!!!

I will be in Pocatello next week. Hope to get in a practice on the day I am there to see the old field, coaches and MR PHIL LUCKY!!!

GO BENGALS

Latest posts

Back