• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Football Staff Announced

A few things:

1) I don't see a defensive coordinator, Kramer?
2) Very young staff, most are recent or current graduate assistants. However, I don't see a problem with this, I would prefer a young, energetic, hungry staff to some of the retreds Zamberlin had.
3) I don't see Kenyon Blue listed.

biobengal said:
A few things:

1) I don't see a defensive coordinator, Kramer?
2) Very young staff, most are recent or current graduate assistants. However, I don't see a problem with this, I would prefer a young, energetic, hungry staff to some of the retreds Zamberlin had.
3) I don't see Kenyon Blue listed.

During the coaches show, Kramer said one of the current assistants will probably assume the DC position (he said it will be his philosophy, but that person would call the plays). If I understood correctly, he said they are taking one of the staffing positions to hire an Academic Coordinator...

He was asked about interviewing each of Zamberlin's assistants, and he said he appreciated all they did. He said, in so many words, that he felt it was best to start fresh...

He said Larry Lewis proved you could recruit good athletes/players to Pocatello and ISU. He reiterated that the most important athletes being recruited right now are the players already on campus...

I know that Kramers philosophy on defense is to man to man coverage and force the issue with a lot of pressure(think Griz defense). Whether that is using a 3-3-5 (depending on personnel) or a 4-3 defense.

You may be in for a few rough years as the freshman develop but you will like end results.

I like Kramer's new staff! His young crew shall be wired up and ready to go...

I'm sure Blue was retained to be the RB's coach. That, or office barista. :lol:

I like the hires. Don Bailey has a good football mind and to have young hungry coaches can make for positive energy going through the program.

I like the idea of bringing in some young and upcoming coaches for assistant positions. I wouldn't even mind if they were here a couple years and then moved to greener pastures as long as we can get some stability from Kramer and his coordinators. I am excited to see some new ideas come to the dome. Sure we might be in for a couple rough years but i think Bengal fans are used to that.

What I like seeing is the hire of Matt Troxel who has been at U of I the past two years as a GA. This is a type of "PAY IT FORWARD" for coach Kramer in that Kramer played for ED TROXEL who was his coach at U OF I in the 70's and Mat's grandfather. Coach Kramer and Mat's father (who is the head coach at Lake City,) grew up together in the Moscow area.

Mat is a great young man and great young coach. Had a good career at U o Mt.

Good to see.

Good luck Mat

Hopefully these young assistants are upright in character and not about partying like young coaches in the past. I see one of the coaches was at Citadel so maybe he can bring a military attitude to the team.

Latest posts

Back