• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

for the coaching experts

spartan

please list when and where you were/are a coach and what your win/lose record was...

bengallove - you claim to be a successful coach - when and where please? (i doubt you were or are a coach - most coaches don't have time to surf the web looking at sites like this)

so many coaching experts on this board - so few who really are - jmho :lol: :lol: :lol:

good point

not an expert here! just old man who played a bit and let my emotions get goofy at times

I want us to win SOOOOOO bad!

say some things that are over the top, sorry for that, really just want to win and I am sure our coaches do as well, a little early to freak out

Coached church ball for two years and had a 40-6 record. Hee hee...Actually took a basketball coaching class from Frank Arnold...and took one officiating course, passing the certification test.
Like that matters.

Protege:

I want us to win really bad, too. Each loss tears at me, and the ridicule and the implications that come with them (i.e. losing by 20 to a huge crowd is no way to build a fan-base in a ridiculously fair-weather town). I'm always having to assume the guard dog role and defend us from our biggest detractors (i.e. that mega-douche Up For Improvement on the Journal Blogs).

However, I will ultimately never question the coaching staff or the players. Wanna hear why? Because I have no right to do so. I have never coached; hell, I've never played any organized sport outside of track and field in high school. I have no knowledge of the X's and O's that Coach OB has accumulated in over 30 years of coaching. I do understand the emotional aspect of the game very well, but that's about it.

Ultimately, the people on here (and the others who go after Coach OB's tactics) are intruding on an area they have no right in interfering with. You people can rail all you want at OB and the staff. You can point such and such out, but in the end all you're doing is blowing smoke and hitting walls, because you KNOW DAMN WELL that you cannot coach at the college level.

just to re-state my original post on this

"quote"

good point

not an expert here! just old man who played a bit and let my emotions get goofy at times

I want us to win SOOOOOO bad!

say some things that are over the top, sorry for that, really just want to win and I am sure our coaches do as well, a little early to freak out

thanks superfan, you are indeed that! loved the face paint BTW

Coached church ball for two years and had a 40-6 record. Hee hee...Actually took a basketball coaching class from Frank Arnold...and took one officiating course, passing the certification test.
Like that matters.

Lol, thanks! It's usually more elaborate than that, but I didn't shave my face (and to get the really intricate designs, I need a "just recently shaved" face). What I had that night was pretty basic. Plus, I'm beginning to run low on my paint...and I am almost completely broke (hopefully until January, when the financial aid clears)

Oh darn it, I didn't see the quote thing. I wasn't attacking you, I was just making a point.

To answer spartan's question (and just because I'm bored as hell right now), even though he's talking about basketball. Did I mention I was bored and had a LOT of free time to do this? I had zero assignments, unlike my friends, who were slammed by them over the fall break.

I'm 15-4 in 2 seasons with Pennsylvania in NCAA 2009 Football, with close (combined: 12pts) losses to BYU, Alabama, FAU and Penn State. I won the Independence Bowl in a blowout against Iowa and I figure to be bowl bound again, though not BCS (I have 2 losses this current season, to BYU and PSU). I pulled in a Top-20 recruiting class for my first class (ranked 9th, including the #1RB, #1, #3, #8, #9 DB's, #20 RB and #1 MLB, also, with a #1 rated JUCO Safety and #5 MLB). My team's rankings (some might be sketchy, but it's pretty accurate) this season (my 2nd year):

Total Offense: 7th
Total Defense: 1st
Passing Offense: 115th (hahaha)
Rushing Offense: 1st (averaging close to 350 yards a game on the ground. Gotta love the Triple Option)
Passing Defense: 5th
Rushing Defense: 1st (Allowing a meager 21.2 ypg)

I run a Triple Option Offense with emphasis on the I-Formation and the Wishbone, even though I'm happiest pounding between the tackles. I run various defenses, usually a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5, and I am fanatical about an aggressive, attacking defense, sending as many as 2 LB's and a safety or a DB.

Maybe I'll join Coach Z's staff, muahahahahahahahahaha

Spartan: never said I was an expert, but I have coached on the Div. 1 and 2 in Michigan, as an assistant coach for a couple of programs and I do not coach anymore due to my business. Also have coached a national championship boys club program as well as trained numerous players who are playing at the Div. 1 level.
Most of you on this board claim to know it all and say that no one else has experience.
I do not know it all , it is very easy for us to be Monday morning coaches becaue we are not in the situation. However I have just stated things that can be done better and stating my opinion, which I thought I was ok to do??

Latest posts

Back