• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Forecasting the Bracket Buster game

mtjack

I can't imagine that the parties that be would allow scheduling Cal Poly or San Jose State a second time or Portland State as they're in conference. I expect a team of similar strength/ranking/RPI .... maybe UC Santa Barbara? I'd prefer Drake, Creighton, VCU or some such top notch competition, regardless of whether it ends up as a loss, as it would probably serve the team well building up to conference tourney time.

--Go Jacks!

Hmm...Wichita State didn't play much of a non-conference schedule this year. Baylor, Drake, UAB, Creighton being their competition having decent to great seasons. The Missouri Valley in one tough conference, though. It's a daily basis slugfest. I could see this game as a possible RPI boost if the Jacks win but things like RPI and strength of schedule only count for leagues like the SEC, ACC, Big East that get their middling, underachieving 7th and 8th place teams in with at-large NCAA bids. That won't ever happen in the Big Sky. Win the conference tournament. There's only one grand prize available to the Big Sky. Regardless, it should be fun for you folks in Flagstaff to see some new competition on the court but I see this game as less of a concern than conference play.

Back to watching the Gonzaga-St. Marys game. This is one hell of a fun matchup so far. Go Zags. (Dad and cousin are alumni of GU.)

Latest posts

Back