• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Four year Deal For Kramer

bengalcub

Higher pay and a longer contract for Kramer. I like this move and the commitment from Idaho State to spend more money on the program.

From the Statesman:

FOUR-YEAR DEAL FOR ISU’S KRAMER

New Idaho State football coach Mike Kramer will be paid $135,012 per year under terms of his four-year contract, pending State Board approval.

Kramer can earn incentives for conference championships, post-season appearances, winning eight games or more in a season and average attendance at home games if it exceeds 6,000.

Kramer will also earn one percent of the contract payment for Idaho State “money games” if the Bengals lose and three percent if they win. The contract includes incentives for academic achievement and team behavior.

The maximum annual compensation is $216,091. Kramer would have to pay a buyout if he leaves before the final season of the contract, which expires on Jan. 21, 2015.

NEW TURF FOR HOLT ARENA

Calling it an “outdated and injury-prone surface,” Idaho State is planning to replace the current AstroTurf field at Holt Arena with a safer Sports Turf-type product.

The new turf will cost $975,000 with the money coming from the ISU Credit Union, a gift from a group of local physicians and from the athletic department, according to State Board of Education documents.

State Board approval is needed for projects in excess of $500,000.

“The current (surface) has posed problems for recruiting and retention of student-athletes and for bringing in opponents to Idaho State University and Holt Arena for both the University and local high schools,” according to the request.

“Installation of a new turf system will positively impact the recruitment of student-athletes, the fundraising efforts of the athletic department and the ability to sell advertising in Holt Arena. It is also anticipated that a new turf will result in a reduction of shoulder, ankle and knee injuries.”

The pieces are in place for a Bengal Football revolution. New conditioning facility ... new locker rooms ... new turf ... 4-year contract for Kramer with a legit compensation package. I expect challenges the first few years, yet dream of a packed house four years from now. I wasn't old enough to remember what it was like in '81, but I have cheered on the Bengals for decades with the hope of seeing it repeated. Maybe we will, maybe we won't, but it's nice to dream ... and have good reason to.

Coach Kramer is the leader of the Bengal pack and thus far all signs point to a good start for the 2011 season. I think we should also give props to the staff he has broad on to rebuild this program. These men care about these athletes and there well being. I've heard absolutely nothing but good things about these men and look forward to seeing their hard work pay off on the field.

Go Bengals!

I'm impressed, that is a well crafted contract: incentives in all the right places, buyout protection for ISU, guaranteed 4 years to build and increased compensation to be competitive with our peers.

The State Board approved both the contract and the new turf...

- The board approved a four-year contract for new Idaho State football coach Mike Kramer. He’ll make $135,012 per year.

- And the board approved Idaho State’s plan to spend $975,000 on a new playing surface for Holt Arena, which still has an outdated AstroTurf product.

Read more: Idaho Statesman: State Board Gives OK's

While I doubt there would be much risk for Kramer to get a great offer to leave ISU in the next four years, showing commitment this early makes a lot of sense and for my two cents worth; you won't regret it at all!!
Plus, Mike is a loyal coach who will work tirelessly to improve the program, giving him this respect early wiil payoff! Congrats to ISU for recognizing the beginnings of a great program.

Latest posts

Back