• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fu$%^&* Grizz

heckler

We just dropped a heart breaker to Montana tonight, and had a chance to listen to my first lady Bengal game on KISU tonight. Been to several in person but first time I listened to the broadcast. And my last!
What is the deal with Mark Liptack? That guy has lost his fu$%^&* mind. Its ridiculous listening to him. I get being a homer but, the freak outs on every possession and the kabooms. Where the hell did we find that guy? Does he work for free? He belongs in the stands, not representing the university on the radio. :thumbdown:

While I can certainly agree the game Saturday was a heartbreaker I have to say your review on Liptak might be a little over-the-top. Mark is certainly passionate and opinionated and takes himself a little too seriously at times, but I think he does a good job at keeping the broadcasts interesting and exciting. I agree he comes across as a Bengal fan on-air, but he isn't afraid to call out ISU players and coaches when he feels they are deserving of criticism and always gives opposing players props when they do well. And I find when he does home games with Brad Bugger the broadcasts are better than the away games when it's just Mark.

By the way it was great to see the great support for the women Saturday. Great game and great crowd just not the ending I had in mind.

I don't really mind Mark. He and Jerry are both big homers, but I don't think they are experienced enough to realize their job isn't to draw attention to themselves, but to the team. I don't like it when announcers spend 5 minutes to bitch about a bad call if it's a meaningless call at that point anyway, like in the first 5 minutes of a game. Mark and Brad are a good team, but I'd like to hear a woman who played the game provide analysis.

My peeve with announcers is when they decide to give nicknames to players and then refer to them by that throughout the game. After getting a few games in, I can figure out who they are referring to. Dray. Abs. AK. Ro. God what others have there been? The other Big Sky announcers use the real names of players, probably because they realize their audience consists of fans from other schools who watch Big Sky TV.

:twocents:

Maybe I was a bit over the top, just posting angry.
Regardless, I still do not like Mark’s on air behavior (not that my opinion matters) he really needs to work on his approach to broadcasting a game. I am not saying he can’t be a Bengal fan on the radio, just tone it down.
As far as Brad goes, I enjoy listening to Brad on the radio. Of all things that have come and gone around here, Brad has been the one staple in Bengal athletics.

You want a good announcer?? Look no further than Scott Gross who does Highland sports. He covers all the play-by-play action, including the stats, scores and breakdown of the game. He has a great flow which allows the listener to mentally see the game. He is the real deal.

Of course they're homers, guys. It's a Bengal Network about Bengal Sports, listened to by Bengal fans, paid for by Idaho State University. Local broadcasters tend to be homers, get over it. There is such as thing as being too professional. I like my local broadcasters to be a little more in favor of the home team. If you don't like it, I suggest you either going to the game or listening to the other team's broadcast of the game.

It adds flavor to an increasingly bland, faceless, corporate game, as advocated by the NCAA. Granted, national networks and announcers covering the entire conference (ie, Altitude Sports) have to be neutral. That's fine, you're presenting to a much wider audience. But when the radio network's brand is the same as a specific university, then let the homers have their fun.

jalopy said:
You want a good announcer?? Look no further than Scott Gross who does Highland sports. He covers all the play-by-play action, including the stats, scores and breakdown of the game. He has a great flow which allows the listener to mentally see the game. He is the real deal.

Called some games with Scott myself in the past. Great guy--excellent broadcaster.

Nothing against Mark at all, but Bradley and Scott would convert me quickly to woman's hoops.

isusuperfan said:
Of course they're homers, guys. It's a Bengal Network about Bengal Sports, listened to by Bengal fans, paid for by Idaho State University. Local broadcasters tend to be homers, get over it. There is such as thing as being too professional. I like my local broadcasters to be a little more in favor of the home team. If you don't like it, I suggest you either going to the game or listening to the other team's broadcast of the game.

It adds flavor to an increasingly bland, faceless, corporate game, as advocated by the NCAA. Granted, national networks and announcers covering the entire conference (ie, Altitude Sports) have to be neutral. That's fine, you're presenting to a much wider audience. But when the radio network's brand is the same as a specific university, then let the homers have their fun.

This is coming from a guy that walks around with a flag (not even an ISU flag), rugby balls, and a staff that has a skull on top. For some reason I have difficulty taking anything you write on this board seriously. :dunce:

Keep your responses on the message itself rather than the guy writing it and you'll see my point, dude. Otherwise, you're just spouting off into thin air.

I'm working on getting a 3x5 ISU flag because the pole can't support the giant one anymore due to an inner, unreachable piece that supported the giant flag that ended up breaking. I cannot find a site that allows special custom flags to be made, so I'm searching around town and seeing if anyone can do it for me (and I'll gladly pay extra).

Latest posts

Back