• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

....funny thing i just noticed....

clawsout

....I realize it won't ALWAYS (I pray) be this.....but if you look at the ten topics right below this one.....at this point in time....the last comments have been by "UFTC" in 9 out 10 of them...and the other one is by PBP....

.....I saw where someone mentioned "....and the dwindling continues".....

.....I believe there is a point here ....if anyone cared to be objective and think about it......and not threaten "breaks from the board"...or "time outs"..etc.....seems like straight forward conversations....even spirited ones .....are being strangled out.....if one looks at it objectively....I think an objective ...non bias person can see that.......

clawsout said:
....I realize it won't ALWAYS (I pray) be this.....but if you look at the ten topics right below this one.....at this point in time....the last comments have been by "UFTC" in 9 out 10 of them...and the other one is by PBP....

.....I believe there is a point here ....if anyone cared to be objective and think about it......and not threaten "breaks from the board"...or "time outs"..etc.....seems like straight forward conversations....even spirited ones .....are being strangled out.....if one looks at it objectively....I think an objective ...non bias person can see that.......

I agree. Only about 10 posters participate. Like PBP mentioned when you lose not much participation with posters other than a few. So Clawsout.. I pray you continue talking about football and participate. Nothing wrong with your opinions and thoughts about ISU football whether it be good or bad.

clawsout said:

Claws:

I don't think anyone is "strangling" out anybody. What I am simply asking is if posters will respect others, not try to use "one liner's", try to "one up" anyone, make insulting or degrading comments....in short try to show how "great" they are by making others look bad. Just talk sports, show some respect...honestly is that so hard today?????????????????????

Maybe I'm simply an anachronism but I happen to think common courtesy never goes out of style. If others don't like that, that is their choice. If I owned a web site I wouldn't want them around in the first place.

Frankly I don't think this board ever had a large number of posters to begin with but I can't say that for sure, just an impression and I've been posting and following I'd say for the last several years.

I'm doing the best that I can and will continue to do so unless told otherwise by the powers that be.

And if you think this is being unreasonable I can offer you links to various successful web sites where if you try to pull off some of the things that I've seen here you're gone for a month. Again I have not banned anybody, that is the last resort, I've just asked some individuals to stop acting like children and get back to the subject of sports. I assume all of us left kindergarten decades ago and that we can act like reasonable people and have reasonable discussions.

PBP

PBP said:
clawsout said:

Claws:

I don't think anyone is "strangling" out anybody. What I am simply asking is if posters will respect others, not try to use "one liner's", try to "one up" anyone, make insulting or degrading comments....in short try to show how "great" they are by making others look bad. Just talk sports, show some respect...honestly is that so hard today?????????????????????

Maybe I'm simply an anachronism but I happen to think common courtesy never goes out of style. If others don't like that, that is their choice. If I owned a web site I wouldn't want them around in the first place.

Frankly I don't think this board ever had a large number of posters to begin with but I can't say that for sure, just an impression and I've been posting and following I'd say for the last several years.

I'm doing the best that I can and will continue to do so unless told otherwise by the powers that be.

And if you think this is being unreasonable I can offer you links to various successful web sites where if you try to pull off some of the things that I've seen here you're gone for a month. Again I have not banned anybody, that is the last resort, I've just asked some individuals to stop acting like children and get back to the subject of sports. I assume all of us left kindergarten decades ago and that we can act like reasonable people and have reasonable discussions.

PBP

PBP I would like to say I agree 100% with you. You are handling this board just fine. I agree with people having a little bit of common courtesy for others that post. I would be willing to bet you there are more people that simply just "read" the posts and don't comment nor post original posts they simply just come here to read the stuff posted and get some information about the team etc etc.

Good point demian, about readers who just come for info. I mostly fall in that category because I don't have any great insights but I'm always looking for some. I just respect and admire the players who come to be a part of the program and who come to get an education to better themselves. They are the winners in life and I'd like the parents to know that we, as fans, recognize that. We all want to see winning football. Nobody comes here to lose. But, why is the hill we climb always seem to be the steepest? I don't believe in curses like the Cubs' goat or 40 years of this or 40 years of that. Each year is a new tradition. Each day is a new day. Each first down is a new set of downs. But, how do we get there? We won't solve it in this forum. It's not meant to be the Guru at the mountain top. But it is an idea factory for those who care.

PBP I would like to say I agree 100% with you. You are handling this board just fine. I agree with people having a little bit of common courtesy for others that post. I would be willing to bet you there are more people that simply just "read" the posts and don't comment nor post original posts they simply just come here to read the stuff posted and get some information about the team etc etc.

I had not thought about the point of people just looking in to read items. Good point...another reason in my opinion to have a site where people are treated with respect since that makes the site itself look better in the eyes of those "just visiting." It may turn some of them into posters down the line.

PBP

Latest posts

Back