• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Game analysis

isusuperfan

Ok, let's all put our heads together and become a Brain Trust. Now, what went wrong here? Let's all discuss this happening.

First of all, on my blog I stated that I expected street clothes and about 2,000 people. I am happy to report I was wronger than hell. The entire student section all the way to the back was clad in white, and so were many in the crowd. Crowd did indeed get into it and made it a fun atmosphere. I thank you all for taking the sting off of the loss; it really helps when you've got thousands cheering. I don't feel so bad about this game. You guys in the student section and the crowd in general were AWESOME tonight. Keep that up.

Second, what was up with the refs? They really let this one get out of hand. I wish somebody would have tossed something on the court, just to test the referees.

Third, I met Bengal Roar. About time we met, hahaha!

Fourth...*sigh*...did we just tire at the end of it or what? We had Weber by the basketballs and they...well, they Weberized us. I'm trying to wrap my head around how we blew a 14 point lead like that.

We Weberized ourselves.
Great game by Stucki but he can not shoulder the entire team.
Taking care of the ball and passing was horrible.
What gives with the big men? Busma starts and plays 3 or 4 minutes. Stejn got about 15 minutes.
I'm still trying to see logic and purpose in some of O'Brien's subs and combos. He did have a nice smash of his clipboard, however.
Offensive system and plays? Do we have any? It's almost Ground Hog Day for crying out loud.
McCoy, the 5'6" WSU guard should be highlighted in any films the Bengals review today. Exemplary play with hustle, desire, and strength. Our guys would do well to imitate him.
The game was a major disappointment but not totally unexpected after we couldn't put them away when leading by about a dozen.
Great turnout by WSU supporters, too. Good and fun atmosphere just a poor result.
Go Bengals.

My frustration is that I don't think we play particularly well at times, with all of the talent we have. We're a very erratic ballclub. It's frustrating when we play well against teams like Wisconsin and Utah, and lose on the road to a poor team like Sac. Ross, remember I met you too at the Idaho game.

It was a good hard fought game on both sides, but ISU's players need to remember that they are not just playing a team like Like Sac, they were playing Weber State, a team who's history makes them the best basketball team. ISU after getting up 13 seemed to start taking it easier, and Weber took advantage of that, Weber has never and will never just hang their heads and give up. I think Weber managed fatigue alot better than the Bengals, and Weber does not rely on one player alone to do their scoring, Stucki is a beast, but he cant carry the load alone, which was proved yesterday.

Is it just me, or does no one see what happens. Morgan doesn't want Stucki to outshine him, so the better Matt plays, the more of a ball hog Morgan is. I blame a lot of last night's loss on him. There were several times that Matt (and others) were wide open, but Morgan just drives into traffic and then gives up a turnover. If I was the coach, Morgan would not play Saturday. His play alone killed all of the momentum we had in the second half.

I agree 100% about the Morgan comments. Some of his antics last night wouldn't have made the cutting room floor on "Streetball." Ego or some other deal - who knows for sure? But, they didn't play as a team and Morgan was a BIG factor in that, IMHO.

Superfan,

It was great to meet you. It is way cool how you love your Bengals so much. You can tell that the whole crowd loves you. Keep up the awesome school spirit!

isusuperfan said:
Ok, let's all put our heads together and become a Brain Trust. Now, what went wrong here? Let's all discuss this happening.

First of all, on my blog I stated that I expected street clothes and about 2,000 people. I am happy to report I was wronger than hell. The entire student section all the way to the back was clad in white, and so were many in the crowd. Crowd did indeed get into it and made it a fun atmosphere. I thank you all for taking the sting off of the loss; it really helps when you've got thousands cheering. I don't feel so bad about this game. You guys in the student section and the crowd in general were AWESOME tonight. Keep that up.

Second, what was up with the refs? They really let this one get out of hand. I wish somebody would have tossed something on the court, just to test the referees.

Third, I met Bengal Roar. About time we met, hahaha!

Fourth...*sigh*...did we just tire at the end of it or what? We had Weber by the basketballs and they...well, they Weberized us. I'm trying to wrap my head around how we blew a 14 point lead like that.

They are Big SKy refs, not much more you can say about that.

Latest posts

Back