• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Game Day in Bengal Country!

What will we see? A Bengal victory and a new start with additional players and coaching changes. I'm particularly interested in seeing what kind of game Earley calls on offense in a game. It's hard to see *game day decisions* in scrimmages when they work on certain aspects such as the running game. Regardless of the past, I always feel excited about the first game of a new season. GO BENGALS!

isusid said:
I think it was Rumble....

Tough to say, no live stats and stretch isn't working. BS TV audio now working.

ISU appears to havae a serious upgrade in offensive playmaking ability with Moore, Rover and White.

It was 13 with the catch so I assume that's Rumble...the roster on the internet got switched to alphabetical....hey, the audio and live stats worked when I was there. By the way....my new school is down 72-0 to Oregon. Hmmmmm....we have work to do.

Frank

I'm dying without the stats LOL...Guess I got used to seeing. I'd love to know when he changed his number to 9...he was 14 when I left 2 1/2 weeks ago. I do like the names on the jerseys.

Frank

I don't know what you guys think, but I sure do like the play calling a lot better than in previous years. Just goes to show what can happen when you've got an experienced o-coordinator in there who knows his stuff. Plus I like the offensive weapons we have out there. Despite playing against inferior competition today, I think that this is a team we can get excited about.

I saw some good things today. I thought that Morris played better when they ran more play-action in the 2nd half. I really liked the interior running and I think that ISU has two keepers in White and Rover. Morris is a pup and I think that Earley did what he needed to do to bring him along. I am a bit concerned offensively with a few things...getting the formation correct and getting the plays in from the sideline. First game jitters and FR quarterback, probably. Outside of Moore, I am concerned with the depth and speed of the WR's. I was watching the game on the internet--and I realize folks may have been running around open all night.

On defense--pretty solid effort. I did not see Gupton or Melendez--did anyone else? It is too early to see the participation charts, but I can't remember seeing either of them. Hudeen is a stud and the LB's and secondary played pretty good. It seemed like the D-line shut down the run game, but they didn't seem to generate much of a pass rush unless the brought a blitz package. I didn't see much pressure from the front four. Then again Montana Western was throwing out of the gun with quick 5-10 yard passes.

Tavoy Moore is a special kid and he is a threat to take it to the house every single play. ISU needs to keep him healthy. It seems like he has a chance to score if he took things to the outside more when he is in the open. It looked to me like he ran himself into a number of tackles by running at the defender and not around them. Maybe I am high or something.

I hope we see Hill back next week and hopefully Krosch will be back at some point this season.

It was a nice start.

Good job by Freeman in the booth today. I didn't get to hear him during the game because the Stretch feed was not working, but I did hear him in the post game and he is going to be fine when it is all said and done. I am a Bradley fan, but this Freeman pup is going to be alright as he becomes more comfortable.

Like Cub, I wasn't able to follow the game very close... no stats and no audio. However, from my vantage point I liked ISU going 2 deep at running back; three deep if you include Moore. White has the ability to make people miss and Rover was a nice change of pace. I'm really enjoying ISU's ability to run the ball... remember, even CWU held ISU to negative rushing yards last year. Other than Moore I didn't see much out of the passing game, Morris didn't have the deep play ability, perhaps due to the pressure that Western was getting. Frankly, he played like a RS Frosh and got some needed reps for the future. Still, we need to get Hill back for next week. On defense I would have liked to see more pressure up front, did ISU get a sack tonight? When the ball came to the secondary they were bottled up... I didn't see many missed tackles. In short... I'm encouraged, much better to get that first win in week one I don't care who it is.

tough to say much about this game considering the competition. ISU really struggled for much of the first half after the first quick score. Tavoy Moore is electric but I worry him going over the middle like he does with his size, he took hard hits today and needs an extra buckle on the helmet as it came off at least 3-4 times, I can't imagine the hits he will take against USU or in BSC play. There were plenty of holes in the defensive secondary. WMU could only exploit them so much but BSC QBs will exploit them much more if problems aren't resolved. It was good that we used our tight ends as much as we did. The play calling was okay, at least we had a running game. Way too early to know much. Northern Colorado in two weeks will tell a more complete story.

But two wins in a row, when is the last time that happened? 2004?

Too early for me to get too excited, but a win is a win. Good job, Bengals. Hopefully Russel will be back and stay healthy.

I think Hill could have played today if needed. They were playing it safe this week. They will need him next week, Utah State damn near took down the #7 Sooners on the road today. In fact they out gained Oklahoma in total offense.

Jay Heater from the Idaho State Journal already has a story up... Cub, it answers your question about Melendez:

ISU suffered one tough injury. Starting safety Greg Melendez, a transfer who had an impact player all through drills, sprained his MCL in the first quarter. Zamberlin said the medical staff was optimistic he could bounce back quickly. However, that is the same injury that has kept quarterback Russel Hill out of action for a month.

Idaho State Journal: Improved ISU Trounces Montana Western

Gang,

I just went over the game with Katie, as there were some mistakes in the coding of the game, so she should have a fully corrected box loaded to the website soon. I was happy to help. FYI, the first drive of the third quarter was a thing of beauty. Congrats to the Bengals on their first two-game win streak since 2005 (when they started 3-1).

Frank

Latest posts

Back