• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

games day beat PSU

protege

I think the players will be ready for this game!

lord knows PSU will be!

we lost a really good opportunity at EWU, we desperately need someone to create a simple offense strategy right now, ball screens ALL game if necessary, but something please.

% increases in made shots does not mean our offense improved, it simply means we made more shots, its like saying the brakes worked several times before the head on collision, the problem wasnt the brakes it was the conditions or the situation, we have no offense, but we have shooters.

some stats that stood out to me were fast break points and points in the paint, everyone wants to talk about the free-throws and coach getting a T but the difference was in the stats I just posted

POINTS IN PAINT 1 2 - Tot
Idaho State............. 8 16 - 24
Eastern Washington...... 12 18 - 30

FAST BREAK POINTS 1 2 - Tot
Idaho State............. 1 1 - 2
Eastern Washington...... 4 9 - 13

refs were horrible, but we could have handled that, this is why I said a PG for us doesnt matter, we do not run an offense, hence no fastbreak points, we run sets, so any player could be our PG, I think we have better opportunities when we run bay, row at the PG, but we basically get the ball across half court and pass it to someone than stand around and wait for it to come back or they shoot.

our defense is solid, we have proved that.

when you continue to not score fatigue sets in much quicker as do the attitudes and injuries, starting new players this far into the season for anything other than injury, illness or eligibility is not smart, @ EWU we should have played AK or carson in the first group, they both need and deserve minutes if we are short one of the other starters, plus AK was a huge matchup problem for EWU with their first 5, in addition they both require defense past the arc, just like bay, creating 1 on 1 opportunities for row and matt as well as the post players

its easy to sit back and critique, but its what the coaches do after every game and we should be improving in the offense strategy, we are not

todays game will be more athletic and I imagine gets ugly at times because PSU will have athletes flying all over, we will match them, however they have a strategy and we dont, so when it comes down to needing plays they will deliver, I hope we do as well

PSU will push the tempo, we need to stay out of foul trouble and settle into a tempo that fits us!

FEAR THE BENGAL!

Did you notice we scored 40 points in 2nd half at EWU, and we were only down 2 at the half??? It wasn't our offense that failed us...we had 4 players in double figures. DC played a man's game and started 2nd half as a result. AK is still trying to find himself, which is why he only got 2 minutes at EW...he didn't create matchup problems for anyone in that game...was still out-of-sync with rest of team, and has not earned more minutes yet. Meetch is also a mystery right now...Chron is our "energizer". Kal is here...but shouldn't be expected to be sharp after illness and missing practices.

Latest posts

Back