• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Geoff Alexander to leave

baller1

Geoff Alexander has taken a job in the Midwest and is leaving after 5 years as an assistant here. He was a huge asset to the current staff and will be greatly missed. I want to wish him the best of luck in his new endeavor.

On a side note. Zeke Chapman (son of former Kentucky and NBA player Rex Chapman) was in town this week with his father on a visit. It appears to be down to us and UAB. Hope we can land this kid. He looks to be a good one.

FWIW:

http://www.arizonapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1222147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

• Rivals.com reported that Zeke Chapman (photo), the son of ex-Kentucky standout and Mr. Basketball Rex Chapman, holds offers from UAB, Utah State, Montana State, St. Joseph’s, Oakland University and Idaho State. He’s a senior at Chaparral, Ariz., and said he has also heard from Ball State and Loyola Marymount.

sasquatch said:
Do we know for sure if we have 3 or 4 scholarships to give?

If it's 3, we're done. In more ways than one.

Been told four...been told Brunswick is gone. But not confirmed.

tuffgong....before i answer your question.....did you mean did any of us really "believe he was coming here?"...or did any of us really "hope he was coming here?"....because you're right....but i was hoping..... :)

Can the fans and community actually look forward to a GOOD, if NOT decent season from men's basketball? Seems to be every year we talk about having a good yr, but fail to progress thru out the season. I know we have to play the Money Games, but what can we really expect from this program?

With O'Brien, all we can do is just patiently wait until the end of the season and then get someone else. This hire was a mistake. I'm sure that Tingey already has some people in mind who he'd like to replace O'Brien with. We'll take our lumps again this season, and I would be completely shocked if we were to finish at .500 or above.

I have little interest in O'Brien coached men's basketball at ISU... very little interest in seeing any more games in the dome... and no hope ISU will get better in 2011-2012.

Football? I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to seeing this new offense in action, especially with the favorable early season schedule. Despite ISU football getting Zammed the last few years things are looking up.

boisebengal said:
With O'Brien, all we can do is just patiently wait until the end of the season and then get someone else. This hire was a mistake. I'm sure that Tingey already has some people in mind who he'd like to replace O'Brien with. We'll take our lumps again this season, and I would be completely shocked if we were to finish at .500 or above.

Saying that, how do you think the coaches are preparing for the upcoming season if so? Knowing they're not coming back? O'Brien isn't going to change his way of coaching.

truhooper said:
Can the fans and community actually look forward to a GOOD, if NOT decent season from men's basketball? Seems to be every year we talk about having a good yr, but fail to progress thru out the season. I know we have to play the Money Games, but what can we really expect from this program?

I don't know anybody who has talked about having a good year in men's basketball since Coach O'Brien's second year. Anyone who knows anything has seen the poor staffing choices, poor recruiting, poor class balancing, poor scheduling, poor player development, and the piss poor offense. The dome presents challenges, but it is far from being the worst facility in division I basketball. Jeff needs to look for a coach who has experience in building both a program and a fan base, much like Kramer. Hiring an assistant from a successful Big Ten or Pac Ten program doesn't mean squat if they have never had to rebuild anything.

Thanks Bubb. :sarcasm:

Latest posts

Back