• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Get to know ISU commit Jake Pele

bengalcub

JAKEFOOTBALL1.jpg

Here is a quick interview that I did with Jake Pele this weekend. I plan on getting more of these together for the current recruiting class. I might also add that I am not a member of the media and I am not affiliated with the Idaho State athletic department.

High School Attending:
Auburn Riverside

Head Football Coach:
Bob Morgan

Favorite food?
My favorite food I would have to say is my momma's meatloaf :).. I can live off of that for the rest of my life :)

Any funny fact you want to say about yourself?
YES I READ THE WHOLE TWILIGHT SERIES IN A WEEK! HAHA! It was a great series and great movie!! haha!

Can you tell us your current height, weight and 40 time?
I am currently 6'2 240lbs running a 4.8 40 yard dash. I look to putting on about 10 more lbs and increasing on speed within the months before I go to Pocatello.
JAKEFOOTBALL2.jpg

Accolades:
2 time offensive all league offensive selection, once at TE and once at RB
2 time defensive all league selection, both being LB
Team MVP
Team Captain
All State Game-Nominee

What is your greatest football moment?
My greatest football moment was scoring the first touchdown of the season for the team, we ended up winning that game in double overtime, it was a great moment because 2 days before my Grandma had passed and for the season on my wrists I had wrote "4U" on my left and "G-MA" on my right..

What teams recruited you the most out of HS and what schools extended scholarship offers?
Washington Huskies really recruited me, but never seemed to extend that scholarship I was hoping for, as well as Montana State, I really felt like they were going to offer as well but after the end of December had past and they did not step up with the offer, so with that I weighed my options and ISU was always there. I ended up committing to ISU..Other than that ISU was the biggest school, obviously :), I couldn't be any more happier with the decision I made.
JAKEFOOTBALL3.jpg

What Bengal coach did the primary recruiting for you?
Coach Drew Miller.. He's a great person and coach.

Why did you commit to Idaho State?
I committed because I felt like ISU coaches really wanted me to play there, and that feeling was greater than any other. The coaches seem really like up tempo like coaches. I love that. and the players are all welcoming. I also love Pocatello, it is a place I don't mind spending my time at for the next 4-5 years

What position do you see yourself playing for the Bengals?
Defensive End. That is the position the coaching staff has recruited me at and I couldn't be happier.

What do you need to work on the most to play at the college-level?
Speed I am looking to be faster and more agile to better myself for the college level

What is the greatest attribute that you bring to Bengal football?
My willingness to do whatever it takes, and whatever is best for the team.

Do you have anything that you would like to say to fans of ISU?
To the fans of ISU, keep supporting the program, everyone is working hard from the coaching staff to the players, They are working their tails off in the weight room and doing whatever it takes. ISU football is a great program with great players and coaches. Keep supporting the program!!

JAKEFOOTBALL4.jpg

Thanks, Tater.

I think Bengal fans and the Pocatello community are really going to like this kid. Jake seems very genuine when it comes to being a Bengal--I really believe that he will give ISU all he has.

Jake will bring speed on the end with a 4.8/40. That is good LB speed in the BSC--so folks should be able to imagine the speed he will bring off the edge. I really get the impression that he will play wherever ISU needs him...FB, TE, LB or DE...he just wants to help out.

This is a kid that you would want at your house to have dinner with your family. He is a very down to earth, smart, polite and engaging kid.

I am working on video and I will have action photos very soon.

bengalcub said:
Thanks, Tater.

I think Bengal fans and the Pocatello community are really going to like this kid. Jake seems very genuine when it comes to being a Bengal--I really believe that he will give ISU all he has.

Jake will bring speed on the end with a 4.8/40. That is good LB speed in the BSC--so folks should be able to imagine the speed he will bring off the edge. I really get the impression that he will play wherever ISU needs him...FB, TE, LB or DE...he just wants to help out.

This is a kid that you would want at your house to have dinner with your family. He is a very down to earth, smart, polite and engaging kid.

I am working on video and I will have action photos very soon.

Thanks very much, Cub!

Cub...

You should be highly commended for what you're doing! I know that it isn't easy and takes a good deal of time. Thanks for the commitment! You are a TRUE BENGAL!

Thank you. These are hard to track down--some kids are very interested and some are a bit skeptical. But when it comes together, it is some pretty cool stuff.

Latest posts

Back