• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Get to know ISU recruit Andrew Benavides.

bengalcub

Andrew Benavides
WR 5-9/175 4.52
Santa Rose, CA
566-4S2MYSPORTembeddedprod_affiliat.jpg

High School Attending:
Folsom High School

Head Football Coach:
Kris Richardson

Favorite food?
My favorite food; I would have to say is my girlfriends parents special bake chicken.

Any funny fact you want to say about yourself?
Every Christmas all that i ask for is my two front teeth..I broke my permanent teeth out when i was 8 years old.

Can you tell us your current height, weight and 40 time?
I am currently 5'9'' and 173 lbs. I run a 4.52 forty. I look to putting on about ten to fifteen pounds within the next 3 months.

Accolades:
2 Time Delta River League 1st Team WR
Delta River League All-Purpose MVP
1st Team All-Sac-Joaquin Section WR
1st Team All Metro WR
2 Time Team Offensive MVP
l_3c6eac71ca3b89c06ae3fdcaadfe93d5.jpg

What is your greatest football moment?
My greatest moment in football was playing Napa High in the first round of playoffs. We did not win the game but I had scored 5 toughdowns that game out of the total 6 TD's scored. That was the third game of the season that I had scored 5 TD's in a single game. This season was the best season of football that I have ever experienced.

What teams recruited you the most out of HS and what schools extended scholarship offers?
Montana State was the main competitor with ISU. But when I went on my visit to Idaho State, I fell in love with the University and the coaching staff. I called Montana State the day I got back and said that I was going to commit to Idaho State. Later that week I had Sacramento State come through and talk about offering but I had my mind set on Idaho State well before they even came into the picture. Montana State and ISU were the only two to extend scholarship offers prior to that. I have to say Coach Z. was way more professional and impressive than the staff at Montana State. I am looking forward to playing against both Montana State and Sac State in the years to come.
l_b540f3559c204015b40b98008686fa58.jpg

What Bengal coach did the primary recruiting for you?
Coach Amrine. He is funny and full of energy. GREAT GUY!

Why did you commit to Idaho State?
I committed because I felt like ISU coaches really wanted me to play there, and that feeling was greater than any other. The coaches seem really like up tempo and I loved that. and the players are all welcoming just treated me like I was already part of the family.

What position do you see yourself playing for the Bengals?
WR...Coach Miller has talked to me and seems to be really excited with the way I play and I look forward to getting the opportunity to play at the college level.
1227343706_79d6.jpg

What do you need to work on the most to play at the college-level?
Weight and speed are my two biggest goals. I want to be down to a low 4.4 forty by the time season starts and I would like to gain another 15 to 20 pounds.

What is the greatest attribute that you bring to Bengal football?
My ability to be a team player and contribute in any way possible. I will work my ass off in whatever I do.

Do you have anything that you would like to say to fans of ISU?
To the fans of ISU, keep up all the support. Its really great to see such support in the program that I am about to enter and start a new life in for the next four to five years.

Video on his commitment to ISU:
http://sacramento.highschoolplaybook.com/media/ShowMedia.do?mid=dc48358891b0062892d124f4d8fdaaf9

Video interview and highlights:
http://www.maxpreps.com/fanpages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-FFF428CB-CD19-414F-8075-1B06F8786F30

Link to photo gallery:
http://www.maxpreps.com/california/football/folsom/andrew-benavides/gallery.aspx?athleteid=db9dbd14-62e3-49cf-b00f-9771daf1085c&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,photo

Cub...if there was an award to give...I'd be nominating you for it. Keep up the great work...but be careful, you may be creating some pretty high expectations for you from the rest of us for the future! ;)

Latest posts

Back