• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Good effort Bengals

That was a tough game to watch as a Griz fan and a football Fan. I don't know the name of your tight end that god hurt, but that one made me sick to my stomach. I hope he can recover and play again, that looked really bad and I wish him the best. I really hope you guys can get something different to play on for everyone's sake. I cringe every time we have to go play on that stuff. :roll:

As far as the officiating, I think it can be said from both sides that the refs were way to involved in the game. There were A LOT of questionable calls both ways, 22 penalties for a game is too many flags on the field. I am not going to going into this play that play etc, it was poor officiating and leave it at that.

I saw a lot of good sportsmanship on the field from both sides. They played good hard football and I didn't see anything on the field that I didn't like from either side. I saw a lot of head slapping and players from the opposing team checking on players that were down. That is the way the game should be played, cleanly knock the hell out of the opposing team until the whistle blows. Then you pick yourself up, be a good sport and do it again. That was what I saw on the field.

I enjoyed the ISU fans I talked with before and during the game, I don't have any complaints about the fans at all. Your cheerleaders need to get down on the field and get out of people's way though. They don't belong standing in front of the railing and not doing anything. Just my 2 cents.

Good job and Good luck. :)

" I really hope you guys can get something different to play on for everyone's sake. I cringe every time we have to go play on that stuff"

The Tacoma Dome got PureGrass for $826K. It is removable. No one has answered why this is not being pursued as a top priority. I sickens me that safety for these is not number one on the list. That rough green antique rug over concrete is a disgrace.

Now that you have found the turf, cut the check and buy it. By the way, Wards injury had nothing to do with the turf. He planted to turn just as the Montana kid hit his leg. Same thing that happened to T. Taylor on the grass field outside during Fall practice. Cartwrights injury happened on a grass practice field, Burel on Field Turf, Benevidas on Field Turf, off the top of my head I cannot think of one injury this year that can be contributed just to ISU's turf, they could have happened on any field. While our field is not the best on the market now, it was when we bought it, expecting to use it for it's life span. Take my word for it, it is better than the turf that Idaho and NAU were playing on when they upgraded. For some reason you don't want to understand the special needs ISU has. Idaho and NAU, both dome teams take their turf up once a year, then put it down for the season. ISU does not have that luxery, our turf is taken up and put down numerous times during the year. When you also can fork out the money for labor costs of taking up and putting down field turf several times a year, taking days to accomplish, cut that check to. Until then, find something else to whine about.

blackfootbengal said:
Now that you have found the turf, cut the check and buy it. By the way, Wards injury had nothing to do with the turf. He planted to turn just as the Montana kid hit his leg. Same thing that happened to T. Taylor on the grass field outside during Fall practice. Cartwrights injury happened on a grass practice field, Burel on Field Turf, Benevidas on Field Turf, off the top of my head I cannot think of one injury this year that can be contributed just to ISU's turf, they could have happened on any field. While our field is not the best on the market now, it was when we bought it, expecting to use it for it's life span. Take my word for it, it is better than the turf that Idaho and NAU were playing on when they upgraded. For some reason you don't want to understand the special needs ISU has. Idaho and NAU, both dome teams take their turf up once a year, then put it down for the season. ISU does not have that luxery, our turf is taken up and put down numerous times during the year. When you also can fork out the money for labor costs of taking up and putting down field turf several times a year, taking days to accomplish, cut that check to. Until then, find something else to whine about.

Despite your juvenile retort, I don't think an upgrade is an unrealistic aspiration.

off the top of my head I cannot think of one injury this year that can be contributed just to ISU's turf, they could have happened on any field

i've been saying exactly this all season, while it would be nice to have the new stuff what we have isn't killing us. in fact i'd like to think that ISU being the only team in the 'SKY to have field turf should give us some kind of an advantage right?

our stuff is a lot quicker than grass and field turf. i think this lends to more ints for the more familiar team as well as disrupting timing for the unfamiliar team. cullin/zamberlin has us on the right track with practicing on the turf everyday. i cant imagine that didn't play a role in our awesome effort this saturday.

furthermore (i mentioned this earlier) no contact all week in practice must have done something for our boys in black cuz they were flying around to the very last play in the 4th! great call on that coaches! great play calling too jensen! you blew my mind on sat haha...

Until then, find something else to whine about.

ok here's one: when are we getting those black helmets? all black would look sick! maybe frank could answer that one?

NAU has the same dome troubles as we do as far as year round use of the dome. Their bball team uses it as well as their track teams in the winter. They have to take it up for that. They have trade shows and career fairs and the like in there, and they have to take it up for that. I do not know if they have monster trucks and rodeo, but then again the dome sells out for that stuff... + holt! In the fall when football needs it, the turf is down from aug to the middle of november. So wouldn't it be the same if we put down field turf for the fall, after the season took it up/stored it and continued as we are now with holt. Keep the current turf on the roller and in the few instances during the offseason when it would be needed roll it out.

There are ways, but it gets down to $. And for that we have to wait.
And for bryant ward (leg) and nic edgson (knee), my thoughts and prayers are with you. For nic especially. To go out like that your senior year. If only he coulda gotten more playing time in all those blowouts this year, man that sucks. For you both and all the players, I wish a speedy recovery to you.

Jeff Tingey said on the coaches' show a couple of weeks ago that he talked with the NAU staff and it takes them 24 hours to take up their turf and 3 days to put it back down, so they put their turf down before football season and it stays down until the following summer. That's not an option at Holt because of the heavy useage. The lifespan of the current turf is up in two years. So we have to find a turf that is safer but also meets the needs of the arena. Jeff said new turf is a priority, but finding the right turf is a challenge.

"2 years left!" ...yikes :shock:

that reminds me, did anyone else see will yoder the equipment coach run out to the 40 yrd line to "fix" a seem on the turf that had pulled up? better get the staple gun out...

what???? no 'moster' comments? i'm sure you'll get back to running down the coaching staff soon...

keep grinding that axe

I don't believe black helmets are in our future. Mick Mickelsen did a study a few years ago and white helmets are the best option in the dome as it's easier to see. That's why we switched back to white in 2001.

I didn't see it happen but Jake Rouser's injury was probably a turf injury, although it could have happened on any surface I suppose. If we could get the OK to buy turf and leave it down from August until November 20th or so, we would get the SprintTurf/FieldTurf/New fangled fancy dancy turf tomorrow, but athletics doesn't have full say in the matter, since we can't control the different events that go on in the building during the football season, as Holt Arena has to bring in events to fulfill their budget...hence they prefer a turf you can roll up quickly.

A Field Turf that rolls up would mean having to make that space in the east end zone larger to accommodate a larger roll and I don't know if they even have that available yet.

ISUSID

We can go back and forth on this all day. Pocatello/Chubbuck/Bannock County needs to ante up and become part of this thing or don't use it! I know I know we get revenue and they pay rent yada yadayada. They are mooching off the University for their gain. If you cut them off at the knees you will see how quick we get something resolved. If you kick the rodeo/monster truck/simplot games/spring fair/tato expo et etc out of the dome their would be some up roar about that and they would find a way to become partners and this town would realize real quick how fortunate we are to have the Holt arena and we could get something passed from the voters.

spartan said:
what???? no 'moster' comments? i'm sure you'll get back to running down the coaching staff soon...

keep grinding that axe

for what end? we played well into the 4th and remained competitive the entire game! what's to grind? use the good decisions from last week (which clearly had great effects on saturday’s performance) to crush portland state next week. i suppose i could complain about going with a four man front after kicking the ball inside the montana 20 with minutes on the clock and montana having not time outs...

you're looking for a fight which i'm not interested in. if i have to be the antithesis to the blind devotion on this board then so be it. but in regards to this past week i'll reserve my complaints. coaches please use this to bring in a victory in this weekend!

spartan, you'll have to wait to brawl till next time...

Congratulations on the great game vs Montana! I hope that you guys can keep up the intensity and get your win vs Portland State!

I don't think there is anyway you can say the injuries wouldn't be any better. There is no give in that stuff you have now it has to get better. I know you can't run real turf, but there has to be something better. If the guys leg could have given just a little bit on Saturday, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. I just really hate to see all the injuries when I think they could be prevented.

Latest posts

Back