• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Got a good one in Derek Graves

deltaguru

Just wanted to chime in on your site with some information about recent signee Derek Graves. I watched Graves in high school and this last fall at San Joaquin Delta College and think he is a solid get. He doesn't have a lot of size, but Derek makes up for it by being a good athlete. He's quick off the line and can make some spectacular catches. His best game for Delta came against its toughest oppent, City College of San Francisco. Graves carved up CB Nigel Malone, who recently committed to Kansas State, for 155 yards on 12 catches that game.

Below is an article on his signing in Stockton's local paper...

STOCKTON - Delta College wide receiver Derek Graves won't hold back should he face his good friend Terrence McDonald.

Graves signed Wednesday to play football at Idaho State and becomes the first male athlete out of Chavez High to accept a full athletic scholarship to a Division I university. He left Chavez in 2008, played one season at Butte College and last season at Delta.

McDonald played receiver and defensive back at Chavez and graduated in 2009. He accepted a partial scholarship last year to Sacramento State and plays in the defensive backfield. The Big Sky Conference foes will meet on Nov. 12 in Sacramento.

"Terrence is my boy, and we hung out when he was back in town for winter break," Graves said. "But during games, I'm going to try to put it to anyone who lines up across from me. He's going to be my enemy on game day."

Graves was a first-team All-Valley Conference selection last season after leading the Mustangs with 45 receptions for 599 yards and seven touchdowns. Delta finished 7-3 overall and 4-1 in conference.

Graves is the third player from the 2010 Mustangs to accept a full scholarship. Delta right offensive tackle Stephen Memory out of Tracy already has transferred to Montana State. Quarterback Adam Kennedy has transferred to Utah State.

Coach Gary Barlow has had 84 players accept full scholarships to four-year colleges in his 10 seasons at Delta.

Recruiting coordinator and defensive backs coach Doug Murray said he's proud to have three former players move on to quality programs by the February signing date.

"This is a time of year when (four-year) schools really want (community college) guys who can come right in," Murray said. "But keep in mind that the ones that can leave early, like some of our guy did, are leaving because they got things done in the classroom."

Delta sophomore defensive end Sam Houston out of Chavez is being recruited by Midwestern State and New Mexico Highlands. Highlands has offered a scholarship, but Houston will wait on a decision.

Cornerback Beau Fryer from Manteca said he had a scholarship offer from Central Washington, but has accepted an invitation to walk-on at Fresno State.

Latest posts

Back