• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Great Post on the BengalBlog!

votb

Brad tells a good, logical story on today's edition of the Bengal Blog:

http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/

It is a very insightful post, indeed.

But, I DON"T GET IT!!! What does stability in leadership and success on the field HAVE TO DO WITH FUND-RAISING?

Cub...
I thought he explained it very well in terms of stability of leadership. When you have turnover in the AD's office an average of every two years...it's almost impossible for solid relationships to be built. Just when things might be getting good...the AD is gone and you have to start all over again. Also...with constant turnover...there's no time to really develop a solid program that builds and maintains those relationships over a long period of time. Hopefully, if there's consistency in the Bengal Foundation and in Jay's position it will help...but big donors almost ALWAYS want to have the relationship with the AD...he's (or she...just to stay PC) the guy running the program...and the one that gives them more of a feeling that they're on the "inside", and can get some sort of preferable treatment.

As for success on the field....how much easier would it be for you to give money to ISU if the Bengals were playing for the football title every year...and winning a basketball title every other year or so? Now, multiply that by five thousand people who will donate and/or buy season tickets if they know we have a winning program year-in and year-out...vs. knowing we'll be lucky to win three games. Maybe I'm missing the real meaning of your question.

Yes, sorry for not making it more clear. It was my attempt at sarcasm. Brad made it clear and it is a concept that I have understood for a very long time.

Latest posts

Back