• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Griz Too Much, One More Home Game

Skippy

Ethan Telfair said after the game that Montana was clearly the best team in the conference, and I'd have to concur after watching the Griz put up 90 points against ISU on a night when two of their stars really struggled. Even though Martin Breunig and Brandon Gfeller had off nights, the Griz have so many weapons they hardly flinched. Freshman Bobby Morehead and Juco transfer Walter Wright both had career nights, combining for 53 points. Telfair, playing in front of his brother Sebastian and Stephon Marbury, both former NBA players, was in foul trouble all night and didn't have one of his better performances, although he wound up with 30 points.

The Griz go to Ogden tomorrow night for a contest that will determine the top seed in the Big Sky tourney. Montana hasn't won at Weber since Anthony Johnson's 42 point explosion in the Big Sky tournament championship in 2010. But if Weber has to play without Joel Bolomboy, the Griz should definitely be favored.

The Bengals, meanwhile, host their last home game against Mintana State, a team a lot like ISU: young, talented and guard driven. I was disappointed in the announced crowd of just over 1900 last night, although the energy was good. I hope we'll get a better turnout tomorrow as we say goodbye to seniors Evan Hall and Ben Wilson. It would be another significant step forward for this program to get that tenth conference win, and it would restore some confidence before the Bengals close on the road next week.

The crowd was disappointing, but to be fair, both highland and Poky hosted state play in games, which probably kept a few hundred away. I thought Montana, as many in their corner admitted, played their best game, or one of them, at least. Having watched both them and Weber, I'd still take a Weber at full strength (Bolomboy) on a neutral floor. Someone told me Breunig is a better player than Bolomboy.. That's a really good joke! Let's go 2-1 in our last 3, and then anything can happen in Reno!

Latest posts

Back