• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hang in There, We're All Gonna Make It!

isusuperfan

I'm doing this from my phone so apologies in advance if things come out a little botched.

Guys, we knew from the start, years ago, that ISU Football was going to be a long-term restoration job. There will be growing pains. There will be games where things are looking great, and games where we wonder why we're getting season tickets at all. And all of those games will have a combination of those moments. But hang in there. Yes, we took a "step back" this year, when we compare it to last year's near-magical adventure. I loved every minute of what few games I was able to get to last season. So this season isn't going the way we wanted it to. But it's gonna be alright, everyone. One season a restoration does not make. Even Miami knew that during the Butch Davis years, and they had to restore their glory step by step.

We must do the same, regardless the circumstances. Yes, the last several weeks have been rough. Things feel like they aren't falling into place with the new QB, and it feels like last year never existed. We're 0-2 in BigSky play and it seems like we are going right down the road to yet another forgettable season.

But hang in there. Things might not click the way they did last year, but they will get better. We have a lot of young fellas getting valuable lessons in experience. And take it for what it's worth, but Kramer's bravado is the kind of thing ISU has needed in a long time, even if it rubs some people wrong. For those who need to vent, please do so. Don't keep it bottled up, that's not healthy. Have a sense of humor about it, that always helps too. But try not to scream bloody murder over everything. I know many of you have decades more experience doing this than I do, and come from older and prouder eras. I know this has been hurting. But please, stick with it! There's a lot of other positives too! Our guys are graduating, they're going to class, staying out of trouble, and are very well-spoken in the public arena. And we don't have the heavy turnover rates we used to. Theyre making a difference in the classroom and in the community that has been outstanding.

What matters right now is to stand behind and with those young lads as they navigate a crazy time in their lives. I know that support means the absolute world to them, as it means to all of our athletes who rock the orange and black. Support, love and understanding will go a LONG way to taking the sting out of bad seasons.

Being a Bengal Fan always requires those things: patience, love and understanding, with a little piss and vinegar mixed in for good measure. But hang in there gang. We're all gonna make it! Don't ever surrender, don't ever give up!

With Love from my lonely little outpost on the weekend graveyard shifts,
-Ross

Welcome back, Ross. And thank you very desperately for your upbeat post. We can all use a *lifter*, especially all the athletes and coaches of the Bengal team. The emphasis on student-athlete is something we can all be proud of. And yes, they are good athletes as well. Thanks! :thumb:

The only problem with this year, is that we won 8 games last year... Kramer did too good of a job too fast.
If we had steady growth, we're all happy with it....Big growth then a step back to normality, everyone is all up in arms. Chill out. Ross is right. Just be positive and keep encouraging and loving these kids.

Latest posts

Back