• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hayden Stout to take an official visit to ISU.

bengalcub

Heard from a family friend of Hayden that Idaho State has offered and he will be visiting ISU next weekend. Montana State is also showing major interest, but they have not offered to this point. I am also hearing that a player from Rocky Mountain HS will be tripping to ISU next weekend as well. I have no idea who, yet.

I think it is likely that Stout will give a verbal to Coach Kramer on his visit. This is an excellent student and an excellent kid from what I am hearing.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/651165/hayden-stout

I certainly hope that Hayden, who played for Meridian HS, does decide to sign with ISU -- he's a great back and would have a great future here. I don't know who the Rocky Mountain player would be, unless it's David Trompke, who's probably the best athlete on their team. I hope we can sign offensive lineman Sully Wiefels, from Eagle High School. Sully's dad, Chuck, played on the ISU national championship team back in '81, and of course Sully's coach is Paul Peterson, who played for ISU back in the early 80's. I would think that we would bring in a freshman quarterback or two, and I'd like to see Borah's Braden Corpus sign with us, since Couer d'Alene's Chalich just verballed to Idaho. I've heard a lot of good things about the Blackfoot QB as well, although I can't remember his name.

boisebengal said:
I've heard a lot of good things about the Blackfoot QB as well, although I can't remember his name.

Trae Pilster, Blackfoot QB. From what I'm hearing, he's really close to committing to Snow College (UT).

I thought Pilster was decent, and I would rather have Corpus from Borah.. Corpus is an athlete with a huge upside. I also know that we've offered one of the WR from Eagle HS..

My sources have indicated that he will give Kramer and Company a verbal commitment before he leaves tomorrow.

Any word as to if there are any walk ons/transfers for spring semester? I know usually there are a few here and there, just haven't heard anything.

GO BENGALS!!!

Meridian High's Stout to play football for Idaho State
Submitted by Rachel Roberts on Fri, 12/16/2011 - 2:00pm

Meridian High running back Hayden Stout recently made a verbal commitment to play football for Idaho State University.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound senior helped the Warriors advance to the 5A state quarterfinals for the first time since 2007.

Stout, who was a 5A All-Idaho first team selection at running back, finished his senior campaign with 1,448 yards and 17 touchdowns on 188 carries.

Meridian High athletic director Jeremy Bergquist also released three other Warrior commitments Friday: Wade Canon (Dixie State men's soccer), Argia Phillips (Northwest Nazarene women's soccer) and Sydney Woods (College of Idaho women's soccer).

Below is a list of other college commitments reported to the Idaho Statesman.

This list includes Treasure Valley athletes (2012 graduates unless otherwise noted) who have either signed a letter of intent or have verbally committed to compete for a college or university. The information was provided to the Statesman by high school coaches and administrators or by club team officials. College commitments and signings can be sent to [email protected].

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/12/16/rachelroberts/meridian_highs_stout_play_football_idaho_state#ixzz1gkkSGKVN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blackfoot's Trae Pilster told me a few weeks back that he was talking to Snow College in UT. A good choice for him if he doesn't have any interest from D-1 schools. It's a JUCO feeder program that sends kids to regional D1 schools.

boisebengal said:
I certainly hope that Hayden, who played for Meridian HS, does decide to sign with ISU -- he's a great back and would have a great future here. I don't know who the Rocky Mountain player would be, unless it's David Trompke, who's probably the best athlete on their team. I hope we can sign offensive lineman Sully Wiefels, from Eagle High School. Sully's dad, Chuck, played on the ISU national championship team back in '81, and of course Sully's coach is Paul Peterson, who played for ISU back in the early 80's. I would think that we would bring in a freshman quarterback or two, and I'd like to see Borah's Braden Corpus sign with us, since Couer d'Alene's Chalich just verballed to Idaho. I've heard a lot of good things about the Blackfoot QB as well, although I can't remember his name.

There's a couple of offensive linemen at Capital High School that ISU has looked at as well; Kellen Buhr and Hunter Nettles. Kellen Buhr is a very good center and built well for a center-6' 1" and 270 pounds. Hunter Nettles is a guard and is very physical-at 6'4" and 300 pounds. I have heard that they are reluctant to offer scholarships to offensive linemen who are not at least 6' 5" in height; have you guys heard anything about this? Seems strange if true; going to miss out on a lot of other linemen with good attributes if that's their qualifying standard

boisebengal said:

Trompke just committed to Harvard to run track and field for them. He has had his sights on going to an Ivy League school ever since this summer. His brother committed to Army last year. They are good kids with a very supportive set of parents; I have known their family for years now and really admire the accomplishments of their family.

I have heard that Kramer is placing a premium on kids that play OL that are in the 6-5 range. I do know of other offers for players that are not that tall.

I think it is more of a ideal preference and not quite a law on the recruiting trail.

Latest posts

Back