• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Health/Injuries?

Tubotein Taylor is out. If they aren't out, officially my office doesn't disclose injuries and such. I believe we should be mostly ready to go once the ASU week gets here (where's the wood? There it is....knock knock....)

That being said, this is a fan forum, so don't take that paragraph as a "please don't talk about injuries thing" ... I'm just a guest here like everyone else, so chat away, and I'll try to answer any direct questions, just as I do with the media. Just was stating the general office stance on that stuff.

ISUSID

Sorry i didn't know how to link this journal article so i will cut and paste........ A little help, please
Injured freshman receives that and more from teammates
BY KELVIN ANG
[email protected]
Andrew Benavides put on the bravest expression he could manage as he approached Tubotein Taylor’s room in Portneuf Medical Center on Saturday evening.
Just hours after watching Taylor, his Rendezvous Complex roommate and fellow freshman wide receiver, crumple to the ground after a gruesome collision during Idaho State’s first fall scrimmage, Benavides feared the worst.
His dread lasted only as long as it took for Taylor to spot him. When Benavides walked in along with their other roommates, Cameron Gupton and Shaquille Senegal, Taylor immediately broke out in a huge grin.
Taylor was so giddy he didn’t even mind when they teased him with his nickname, “Scoot.”
“Usually in meetings, when we call him ‘Scoot,’ he’d be like, ‘Whatever,’” Benavides said. “But when we were in there, he just laughed and giggled about it. He was just happy to see all of us there for him.”
With a little help from his friends, Taylor is slowly recovering from the worst injury he has ever suffered. Taylor underwent surgery Saturday night to insert two screws in his right ankle and was released after a two-night hospital stay, but his detour from football will last longer than that. Torn ligaments in his ankle and a broken fibula will keep him in a cast for the next three months.
The prognosis means Taylor will miss the season, but football is far from his gravest concern right now. Instead, Taylor is simply trying to master everyday tasks like walking on crutches. All that would be pretty overwhelming business, if not for his Bengal buddies who are constantly by his side.
“You see he’s up and he’s out, and he’s got a good attitude,” Idaho State coach John Zamberlin said. “It’s a tough thing for a guy, but he’ll come back stronger.”
TEAMMATES SHOCKED
Gupton saw Taylor lying motionless on the ground and initially didn’t think much of his injury. Taylor had maybe suffered a sprained ankle, Gupton thought.
Even Taylor wasn’t overly alarmed — until he caught a glimpse of his mangled right ankle.
“I knew something was wrong,” said Taylor, whose previous worst injury was a bone bruise in his shoulder. “I looked at my foot, and it was a little off. I wasn’t saying anything. I was just looking at my foot, and I was like, ‘Whoa. It must be pretty serious if my foot is looking like that.’” Oblivious about the extent of Taylor’s injury throughout the scrimmage, his friends found out in the locker room afterward that his season was over.
The news hit everyone hard, but Benavides was especially shaken. He and Taylor, both California natives, had spent virtually every waking moment in Pocatello together. They lifted weights together. They took slot receiver and punt return repetitions together. After practices, they returned to their shared Rendezvous Complex suite.
“I was just devastated,” Benavides said. “Just to think that something like that could happen to me just scared me.”
But Benavides knew he couldn’t show up at Taylor’s hospital room an emotional wreck. Taylor needed his friends to be stonger than that, Benavides figured.
As it turned out, Taylor just needed his friends to be there. Dressed in his black Under Armour workout shirt and sporting a cast on his leg, Taylor was minutes away from his appointment with a surgeon. But with the Bengals trickling in after practice, Taylor showed no nerves at all.
“We walked in, and it just looked like it had brought his spirits up,” Benavides said. “Showing up for him, I could tell it meant a lot to him.”
The next day, Taylor was in an even brighter mood. His mother, Ene, flew in from Southern California. At a nurse’s behest, his roommates showed up with Jack in the Box breakfast biscuits so he didn’t have to endure another hospital meal. Senior slot receiver JD Ponciano and his girlfriend, Bengals softball player Megan Miller, delivered a hand-baked cheesecake — Taylor’s favorite dessert.
Whatever self-pity Taylor once felt quickly evaporated.
“This was just a freak accident. What can you do?” Taylor said. “There was nothing I could do at the point. It happened. I can’t grieve over it for too long. Maybe for five minutes or so, I grieved over it. But after that, it was, ‘Whatever.’”
HELP ALWAYS
THERE
Benavides found a disoriented-looking Taylor standing outside Towers Dining Hall on Monday evening and asked him what was wrong.
“I can’t get my food,” Taylor replied.
His hands occupied by his crutches, Taylor couldn’t figure out how he was going to navigate the serving line and carry his tray to a table.
Unexpected challenges like those have popped up everywhere. Climbing staircases. Reaching for objects on shelves. Even walking across campus has been a hassle.
It would all be very aggravating, except his roommates have clung by his side making sure he doesn’t have to overly exert himself on those mundane tasks.
“Whatever he wants,” Gupton said. “Go get toilet paper. I don’t know. Whatever.”
The ultimate ointment for Taylor’s injury has been his daily 4 p.m. trip to the Bengals’ south practice field. Taylor rejoined his teammates at practice for the first time Monday. As the Bengals fielded punts near one of the end zones, Taylor occasionally twitched and twisted as if miming what he would have done on each kick.
Just two days before that, Taylor had been slashing and cutting with the rest of the Bengals. Now, he was immobilized until the end of the season.
That would make for an unbearable three months, if not for the fact that Taylor can count on his teammates showing up for practice daily and keeping him hungry. Just as they did Saturday, the Bengals, in a way, are going to be there for Taylor every day for the rest of the season.
That alone should keep his spirits up until he gets to put on his pads once again.
“I’ll be itching. I’ll be like, ‘Ooh, I could have run this play,’” Taylor said. “I’ll be itching the entire three months.”

Latest posts

Back