• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

HERE WE GO !.....I S U Football 2013.....

clawsout

Less than a week until I S U Football starts.....i'm feeling optimistic....i realize we could be better and yet that might not translate into Wins....but i'm feeling it will....Kramer has had a couple of years to bring in his type of players ...."big boys" like he had at EWU...."hard nosed athletic players" like he had at MSU....it may take another year or two to be contenders...BUT we WILL surprise some people this year.....anyone else have any thoughts?....rumors on transfers?.....surprises this fall?.......let's get talking some football......

clawsout - How can you say we will be contenders in the future? We have only one win in the Big Sky in the last two seasons so how does that translate into being a contender in the future? I would be happy with a two game win season in the Big Sky this year as that would be an improvement over the last two seasons. We will need to have a winning season before we can ever say we will be contenders in the Big Sky and that maybe awhile as we are ranked 13th or last place in the Big Sky pre-season polls going into this season. I guess it is good to be hopeful or optimistic about the future as you mentioned but until to have a winning season do not talk about too much about being a contender or winning a championship as we have not had a winning season for a very very long time.

...up...here is my thought process...we are ranked where we are because of our recent past...and it's right until we prove it wrong...BUT...i believe Arias will be an upgrade on Yost (and i liked kevin)..but more mobile and quicker decisions...looked like it in spring ball anyway..i think we will run more than we have.....i think our receivers will surprise a lot of people..AND i believe our defense will be vastly improved...from Kuder and others on the D line...to increased linebacker competition...and NEW D coaches have to be a plus....they were sure vocal and "hands on" in the spring...AND our schedule does NOT include 4 teams that are picked to be in the top 5 in the Big Sky...that's gotta be a plus....AND year three in this process...we should be ready to show some promise...anyway "up"....there's my two cents.....get ready....."HERE WE GO!".....

Somebody (not clawsout) needs to make this his avatar. :laugh:

Vaginal_Douche-4.jpg

clawsout - I like your reasoning why you think we maybe better this season. I agree we may be better this upcoming season but will we be better than the competition? We will see.

The past is the past and I will be done talking about it but it proves my thoughts and others thoughts on the talent based on the last 6 years. Not all, but a few of the players that have come in the system have been Div II talent at best. I think Zam knew DivII. No disrespect to any of the players.

Now stack on the APR issue. I heard from many sources that we were very close to being a non football program.

Coach K has come in here and had to make some tough decisions and will continue to do so and I hope that the ugly years are behind us. We will start to see some speed, size and strength start to fill the holes in our recruiting and to be honest , the future is getting better and we will start to compete with the other schools with like kind talent.

Kramer and Co are to be commended with what they had to work with.

GO BENGALS!!!

I am happy to see that Kramer is only recruiting good students out of high school and that the APR problems have been resolved. I am sure the players understand that they need to maintain good grades to keep their scholarship at ISU.

SIN CITY :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bengal Roar,

I agree with everything you said other than you mentioning that Zamberlin only knew D-2 talent.

The players that were recruited and signed by Zamberlin at ISU were a D-1AA talent. He would have not offered a full scholarship to a D-2 prospect as he knows the difference between D-2 and D-1AA prospect just like a D-1A head coach knows the difference between a D-1AA prospect and a D-1A prospect.

The D-2 type of player you mentioned are the walk-ons at ISU.

letuknow - Your last two postings in two days have been "smilies" without written discussion about the topic. No one likes seeing postings of "smilies" showing up everywhere on the board as it is child like. Translate your smilies into English if you want to comment.

There was a steady decline in talent from Lewis's last year to when Kramer took over. Call it recruiting, retention, or coaching improvement... Whatever you like. Reality is that what was on. The field was d2. :twocents:

Jahim - you are not a head coach at a D-1AA college so what do you about D-1AA or D-2 talent? Teams have losing seasons every year in the BSC so does that make the players that are on full scholarship a D-2 talent? All of the players recruited and signed coming out of high school at ISU or any other BSC college were first team all league, first team all area, and some were first team or second team all state. As I mentioned in my previous post, the walk-ons players at ISU are considered D-2 or lower talent while the full scholarship players are definitely D-1AA talent.

NOT up for the challenge - :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you do know that means someone is laughing at you....right? everyone else on the internet seems to know that - why not you...?

oh sorry - I forgot....

in hindi - chootia
in ojibwe - moosh koosh
in russian - eblan
in tongan - Vale kai ta'e

and since you seem to need things in english - (you are a massive) dumbass

letuknow: Really... Z only recruited and signed players to ISU that were first team all league and all area coming out of high school. Go back and read the archives to his recruiting classes while at ISU. Good to see you off your smilies faces.

Latest posts

Back