• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Here's the List -- No Frieson

Sorry to double post that.

Bummed about Frieson and bummed with the lack of JC kids on the defensive line. These are two places that Zamberlin said that Idaho State must take care of via the JC route. I hope Nash brings it at MLB as ISU looks to have a very inexperienced LB corp as well.

I haven't been able to find out anything about Frieson via Google, so he may still be in play. Bummed about King getting that last-minute offer from Cal (although happy for the him, of course).

Hmmmm..........Frieson, if you are out there and reading this.....COME ON!!!

Was looking for at least 1 other JC Dline and LB also Cub, but that just means a couple of these freshman need to step it up and make it happen.

By the looks of the list, it appears that the staff has been giving time to develop the program.

I can't comment but we are expecting to announce another signee tomorrow, and then one on Monday.

ISUSID

I am reading and I am hoping for a six pack of Frieson tomorrow.

Believer, you are right. To go this young, Idaho State had to have communicated that they are giving him time to rebuild. I am all for that. I look forward to seeing the young cats play--please don't get me wrong.

I also think that giving Z and Co. time to rebuild/build is the right thing to do.
I am just hoping a few these freshman can really come in and contribute right away-namely on D.

Strandley has some kids to work with now on that front line.
This means its time for Jason Jones to STEP UP and be all you can be and the anchor in the middle.

I agree that the class makeup indicates Zamberlin has been given more time and rightfully so. As for Strandley not having anyone to work with, he can only blame himself. I could have told you what we needed to recruit two years ago for D-line, how could a professional coach not know. All you had to do was look at who was graduating and who you had to fill the spots, it's not rocket science.

As for this years class, they did a very good job on D-line. Young kids with size, allow them to grow and see what position they grow into. Unfortunately, I to believe some of them are going to have to play next year. This is a really good class of WR, Rumble is a specimen, Culpepper looks to be a very good pickup, and both Taylor and Benavides look to be play makers. Clampitt and Livai are good young linemen for the future. The two JC kids will fill immediate need which is what we needed.

Will this translate to wins next year, looking at the D-line and linebackers, I doubt it. We were ran on at will last year and I don't see enough help in this class to change that. Freshman need time to develop and grow, they may contribute, but just how much help can they be. The JC's are Ends for the most part, even Nash, they can help our pass rush, but no help for plugging holes before the runner gets to the DB's. The future looks good if they can keep the freshman eligible, might want to make it someones job to do this. It's a little late to fix things after they have failed most of their classes.

Overall a very good class.

Yesterday at the Press Conference Coach Z said that they lost a kid to Cal on Wednesday, and I asked him if the kid they lost was a running back. He said "No...it wasn't him". I don't know if that helps or not, but as Frank said, look for a couple of more announcements before the week is out.

It was Lucas King, the LB, who got a last minute offer from Cal. My fingers and toes are still crossed for Mr. Frieson.

I may be a little ahead of myself, but what the heck:

CALIFORNIA JC STATISTICAL LEADERS FOR THE YEAR
RUSHING YARDS PER GAME [Minimum 7 games]
1. 145.0 - Lyndon Rowells (1450 yds, 10 games); Redwoods
2. 141.8 - Bruce Frieson (1418 yds, 10 games); Bakersfield
3. 140.2 - Jardin Hawthorne (1402 yds, 10 games); Solano
4. 132.6 - Fred Winborn (1061 yds, 8 games); Canyons
5. 131.4 - Neville Bryce (1314 yds, 10 games); Feather River
6. 122.7 - Lamon Muldrow (1227 yds, 10 games); Sierra
7. 108.3 - Mark Chase (1083 yds, 10 games); Chaffey
8. 103.9 - Brandon Baldwin (1039 yds, 10 games); Shasta
9. 103.7 - Alex Green (1037 yds, 10 games); Butte
10. 102.6 - Dominique Blood (1026 yds, 10 games); Antel

RUSHING YARDS PER CARRY [Minimum 60 rush attempts]
1. 9.2 - Telvin McMillian (86-787); Allan Hancock
2. 7.9 - Jai Morris (113-889); Saddleback
3. 7.8 - Andre Jr Smith (89-693); Bakersfield
4. 7.4 - Fred Winborn (143-1061); Canyons
5. 7.2 - Trayone Harris (103-738); Santa Barbara
6. 7.1 - Bruce Frieson (199-1418); Bakersfield
7. 6.7 - Eric Johnson (118-796); Reedley
8. 6.7 - Mark Chase (162-1083); Chaffey
9. 6.5 - Micah Abreu-Laybon (104-679); Saddleback
10. 6.4 - David Henderson (62-396); San Francisco

RUSHING TOUCHDOWNS
1. 23 - Lamon Muldrow; Sierra
2. 17 - Fred Winborn; Canyons
17 - Leonard Mason; Desert
4. 16 - Brandon Baldwin; Shasta
5. 15 - Neville Bryce; Feather River
6. 14 - Jardin Hawthorne; Solano
14 - Eric Johnson; Reedley
14 - Alex Green; Butte
14 - Lyndon Rowells; Redwoods
10. 13 - Bruce Frieson; Bakersfield

ALL-PURPOSE YARDS PER GAME [Minimum 7 games]
1. 207.8 - Lyndon Rowells (2078 yds, 10 games); Redwoods
2. 188.6 - Darius Davis (1886 yds, 10 games); Siskiyous
3. 180.6 - Hayo Carpenter (1806 yds, 10 games); Canyons
4. 170.4 - Eric Johnson (1704 yds, 10 games); Reedley
5. 169.6 - Stefon Ceasar (1526 yds, 9 games); American River
6. 163.1 - Stephen Burton (1468 yds, 9 games); Long Beach
7. 162.0 - Troy Evans (1458 yds, 9 games); Laney
8. 158.2 - Diondre Bryant (1582 yds, 10 games); Allan Hancock
9. 154.2 - Jardin Hawthorne (1542 yds, 10 games); Solano
10. 153.8 - John Hendershott (1384 yds, 9 games); Diablo Valley
11. 152.3 - Bruce Frieson (1523 yds, 10 games); Bakersfield

OK, I don't know shit--but here is a kid that I would put the full court press on if he has not commited:

A big JUCO back still waiting on some D-1 offers is Feather River RB Neville Bryce (6-0, 213). He had an outstanding sophomore season and he's sending some highlight tape out to various programs to see what sort of interest he can drum up. Regardless, he has some D-1AA offers to his name and he talked with JCFootball.com recently about things including what he does best on the football field...

"I'm big and physical," Bryce told JCFootball.com early last week. "I like to be physical at the line and make my yards after contact.

"I have the speed to get outside and get the edge, but I like to do most of my stuff inside in-between the tackles."

As a sophomore in 2008, Bryce used his outstanding 4.43 speed to rack up 1,304 yards and 15 touchdowns in 10 games and he earned First Team All-Mid-Empire Conference honors as well as Offensive Player of the Year honors.

On the recruiting front, Bryce is still waiting on that first D-1 offer, but he's got several 1AA schools looking his way.

"Bowling Green is the D-1 program looking at me right now," Bryce said. "Hampton, Howard, North Greenville, Texas Southern, Sacramento State and Norwood have all offered me.

"I'm getting some tape out to different schools like UNLV and Utah State and some other Mountain West schools just to show them what I can do. Hopefully something will come of it, but I'm not sure right now."

Bryce can sign a letter-of-intent at any time and he is eligible to leave right now, but he said he plans to sign in February and possibly enroll at a school for spring quarter.

Bryce is one of the biggest RB out there.
He is still available and is apprently looking for an offer from D1 program.
I have no idea why he didn't sign other than hearing something about him not being a finisher on runs.
But I'm with you on that one Cub, I'd be all over it.

Latest posts

Back