• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hey RollingRock

sweller

I saw that you deleted some of your posts - what happened? Was it something we said?

Seriously - I enjoyed reading your stuff. I hope you'll continue to post on Bengal Den!

I have heard that Coach O'Brien isn't too fond of message boards.

I'm not sure if this is the case in the instance, but it would not surprise me.

OK, so no free speech for Bengal fans?

We aren't allowed to comment on how we think the team is doing?

Is that what you are saying?

bengalcub said:
I have heard that Coach O'Brien isn't too fond of message boards.

I'm not sure if this is the case in the instance, but it would not surprise me.

there is NOTHING to do with the school, team, coaches or players - cubs "jump to conclusion" demonstrates why I am not posting anymore....too much drama

My bad. I've never seen someone go back and delete so many post. You deleted them BEFORE my O'Brien reference.

So, don't blame it on me. I don't see the drama at all, if anything maybe some debate. I also re-read things and I cannot see where any conclusions were "jumped to"...

Nonetheless...hate to see you and your contributions go. Not my intentions at all.

Yes, that would be my view--to your original question. I do think Idaho State pays attention to the message boards.

I see you edited your original question--so let me put it this way. Idaho State does not want its players and coaches commenting on fan forums. It can get the University in quite a bit of trouble because not everything here is accurate. I can't say that I blame them. I know from my interactions with student athletes and administration that they are discouraged from participating in these communities--if not forbidden. I would say it is this way across the board for almost every school in the country.

Maybe ISUSID could explain this better than I can.

cub, what are you saying? I don't work, play or have any relationship with the school....I deleted my posts because you and another poster were taking things too far, you wanted to pit players against players - my commentary which comes with years of playing, coaching and working in a sport I love, in a community I support and was born in - was an overview of the team, its schemes, plus' and minus'.

my analysis was accurate and fair and stuck to the facts, not the feelings....

I deleted every post after seeing that you were not reading the posts I had made - in some cases 600 words or more, but instead were trying to marginalize or poison the well by pulling a sentence or two out of the posts and getting personal....I have been down this road - minus the internet - before and DO NOT want anything I have said to hurt a player, so everything is gone.

thanks for all the PM and emails from the folks who enjoyed the posts, but as it stands I will not be back....

GO BENGALS!

rollingrock said:
cub, what are you saying? I don't work, play or have any relationship with the school....I deleted my posts because you and another poster were taking things too far, you wanted to pit players against players

Nooooooo not cub

Okay--I don't delete my post. Simply show me where I pit and player against another player. You stated that Baldwin does not have the talent to lead the team. I'm fine with that--never said that I was not. You said things like look Baldwin can't even jam the ball--I showed you a pick that he could. How did you counter, that? Was that not meant to hurt a player--for hell's sake you said that he wasn't even athletic.

Just have the balls to show me where I ever pitted a player against a player in our conversation.

It's funny, you share your opinion and others do as well. But if you feel challenged in any way--you delete your contributions, run away and cry foul.

I may have made a mistake on O'Brien asking you to remove your messages, my apologies--but if you read, I also said that I was not sure.

The question was asked of me--do you think Idaho State reads and monitors what is said on these boards. I said YES--and mentioned that maybe the ISUSID could explain more.

Furthermore, I never challenged your basketball mind or interpretations--in fact I enjoyed them. IF YOU READ--I even stated that I am not crazy about having a TR FR PG as well.

You have posted things on this board today--and when I respond to what you say, I come back and see all the messages erased. You see, you have said more than anyone has had a chance to read. But for some reason--deleting your posts absolves you from any responsibility.

If you are going to write something--have the nerve to stand behind what you say. Not hide behind the delete key in an attempt to make a martyr out of yourself.

...and you still duck the question(s).

But you are sure--just not sure enough to leave the print behind? This has everything to do with VOTB and Skippy's response on this board and you know it. You responded to their response by saying that the reason why this whole thing is an issue is because of what O'Brien said to the media regarding the PG situation. Then you DELETE it, before anyone reads it for whatever reason--and say that everyone else is making this a player vs player thing. I hadn't even made a response since last night.

Finally, you delete 22 messages dating back to Feb 18th, for no reason. Amazingly, all were post regarding the excitement and promotion of one, Kal Bay and or the situation at the PG position. Your first post--KAL BAY, Feb 18th, 2008.

Waste of time, yes.

If you ever want to show me how I wronged you, I am man enough to apologize.

AND since someone did not ask you to remove your posts in the athletic department--you should not hesitate to share your evaluations of game planning and strengths and weaknesses of the team with the rest of us. I/we enjoy it--you will continue now, won't you--please?

cub, god how many times did you re-write that....jesus your an idiot, this is why its impossible to have a conversation with you, you make such stupid statements....

here you go again making shit up...why edit your post to say anything - just let it go.....my first post was in response to the announcement that we had recruited the kid, I am a former PG and live in Riggins, played in the PAC10 had various jobs in coaching at several levels and thought that after watching us the year before the kid was a great fit.....BFD

the remaining 40 or so posts were debates about personnel or requirements at particular positions, I have some experience at the PG so I naturally went there more often, however the majority of my posts were my commentary, pre game, post game, practice and scrimmage evaluations...... which comes with years of playing, coaching and working in a sport I love, in a community I support and was born in - was an overview of the team, its schemes, plus' and minus', in some cases 600 words or more

your giving this place a bad name - dont try and marginalize this or continue to rattle on

leave this alone - quit editing your posts - let it go

Do coaches know of this board? Yes. Do they read it? Some. Do I tell them to ignore this board for the most part? Yes.

Coaches and other administrators do not post here, but I do, in part because I'm allowed to, and in part to answer questions that come up, and to remind people that this is a permanent thing for all to see, unless you do what rollingrock did and totally annihilate everything you posted and delete them all.

Remember that athletes see it, and more to the point, other fans, teams, players and coaches from opposing schools see it...I mean, if you don't think some of the things that come up here won't be shouted down to the players from the stands at Washington-Grizzly Stadium next week, well, you're crazy.

For the record, I have no idea who rollingrock is, and I don't believe the coaches do or did either. I did find the long dissertation of the program's exhibition opener amusing in that I don't think he had the comprehension of certain facts that would have made his post more accurate (like the fact that we hardly had any offensive sets put in, things like that).

Again, I look at this message board as just another way to try to connect with a fan base, regardless of how small or limited it is. But also, I'm a new-media type of guy, so it makes sense for me to be someone who pays attention to it...

FWIW, my $0.02, and all of that...

ISUSID

Sorry Rollingrock, I guess I edit my posts as often as you delete yours.

No need to answer the question that I asked--as it was a very UNREASONABLE request on my part. I know that you have NEVER made negative assertions regarding athleticism or talent regarding a TR FR PG on the ISU basketball team. It again was unreasonable of myself or others to support the squad and whatever player was in the game at any given time.

Thank you for teaching me one thing--if someone does not agree with me, I can just delete 25 or so of my messages on this board and claim that certain people had it out for me.

Sigh, I am confident that I am done with this conversation.

Latest posts

Back