• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

high level recruits not in fall camp??????

demian

I asked this question a while ago, WHERE IS DREW CASH!! He signed a letter of intent with us and Madison Guernsey article a few days before fall camp started listed Drew Cash as a QB who was in fall camp but there is NO SIGHTING of Drew Cash AT ALL. Was that a typo indicating he was in fall camp? Did he possibly go on a Mormon mission? did he NEVER report to fall camp and is he at a college elsewhere? I also wonder about Conner Smith of Issaquah! HS he was listed as a signing day recruit 2/3/16 yet somehow he ends up at Army West Point. I thought a National Letter Of Intent was a binding agreement for 12 months. I thought Smith signed a LOI because he was listed here and in the Idaho State Journal I believe as signing a LOI. Is the Army Academy able to get around a NCAA loophole that you ARE NOT TO CALL OR RECRUIT AT ALL an athlete that has signed a LOI.

in my opinion Drew Cash and Conner Smith were great recruits for us when I looked at there films in January. Both of those guys seemed to me to be BIG TIME GUYS THAT WILL PERFORM GREAT AT ISU. Do we really not have either of these guys for ISU now as of 10/4/16??? That would really hurt to not have drew cash and conner smith in the program for 4-5 years

Recruiting? Did you say recruiting? Are you sure you want to bring up the Recruiting Topic? If so, What are your suggestions about recruiting to turn this program around?

up for the challenge said:
Recruiting? Did you say recruiting? Are you sure you want to bring up the Recruiting Topic? If so, What are your suggestions about recruiting to turn this program around?

Oh I don't have any suggestions about recruiting. I am only wondering what happened to these two players who signed with us. Recruiting is NOT an exact science as we all know. Some guys pan out and contribute and some guys never see the field for the team they sign with for numerous reasons.

Conner Smith would've had a great chance to start here, that was a bummer losing him. Not sure how the LOI and transfer of schools work, but it's possible that he would comply and follow the 1 year sit-out period as I don't see him on the roster. From what I understand all Academy football players won't even show on the roster the first year as they would go through boot camp first?

Drew Cash is a mystery, but I do believe he had a season ending injury. Even so I would think that he'd still be taking classes at ISU this year on a medical redshirt or very possible he's a greyshirt this semester.

Tacoma5 said:
Conner Smith would've had a great chance to start here, that was a bummer losing him. Not sure how the LOI and transfer of schools work, but it's possible that he would comply and follow the 1 year sit-out period as I don't see him on the roster. From what I understand all Academy football players won't even show on the roster the first year as they would go through boot camp first?

Drew Cash is a mystery, but I do believe he had a season ending injury. Even so I would think that he'd still be taking classes at ISU this year on a medical redshirt or very possible he's a greyshirt this semester.

Thank you very much for the info Tacoma5. Yeah I thought Conner Smith looked great!!!! You know something now that you describe the Arny situation that makes sense, since you appear to be from Tacoma I will say this, I am friends with the father of Donell Diego from Cuttis HS in Tacoma, donell is at Army West Point and the dad told me he is at the West Point prep academy, he said a lot of the players go to the prep school first to get acclamated to academy life and school work etc etc. They have a football schedule they play at that prep school it does not count against ncaa elgibility. So like a redshirt season but you get to play football games (good deal). Maybe this is what allows Conner smith to transfer and not affect elgibilty and that's why he may not be listed on the main team roster. That makes sense if that is the scenario.

Ok great explanation on drew cash. I do not have any idea what a gray shirt is but all of that makes sense. Very sorry to hear about season ending injury for him. Bounce back and get healthy kid

I never saw Drew Cash in camp. Hopefully I didn't report otherwise. I asked Kramer about it and he said something to the effect of "Drew is not with the program at this time." That could mean a lot of things. Maybe he got cut or changed his mind on his commitment. Maybe he got hurt and is focusing on school. Who knows?

mguernsey_isj said:
I never saw Drew Cash in camp. Hopefully I didn't report otherwise. I asked Kramer about it and he said something to the effect of "Drew is not with the program at this time." That could mean a lot of things. Maybe he got cut or changed his mind on his commitment. Maybe he got hurt and is focusing on school. Who knows?

Thanks for clarifying mguernsey. Hopefully is good for the kid wherever he may be. Best of luck to him no matter what

here's a link to the story breaking down QBs before the season: http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-position-breakdown-gueller-solidified-atop-group-of-young/article_2fe88d06-2c2d-5838-9f18-145c8a04dd8f.html

mguernsey_isj said:
here's a link to the story breaking down QBs before the season: http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-position-breakdown-gueller-solidified-atop-group-of-young/article_2fe88d06-2c2d-5838-9f18-145c8a04dd8f.html

Thanks for the article mguernsey_isj and also thanks big time for all you provide to us fans on Twitter

Latest posts

Back