• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hill Throws for Two Touchdowns, 96 Yards in Spring Game

bengalcub

Junior Kelvin Krosch had two touchdown receptions off of three receptions for 32 yards.

Senior quarterback Russel Hill threw 8-13 for 96 total yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions.

April 24, 2010

Pocatello, Idaho - The Idaho State offense shined Saturday in the annual ISU spring game rushing for a total of 91 yards and scoring four touchdowns. Senior quarterback Russel Hill threw 8-13 for 96 total yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions while freshman Kyle Morris completed 3-4 for 18 yards and one touchdown.

Read more: http://www.isubengals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042410aaa.html

I'm still worried about the rushing game. Stats from the spring game.... the backs rushed for just 76 yards on 33 caries (2.3 ypc). Anyone present at the game want to comment on this?

biobengal said:
I'm still worried about the rushing game. Stats from the spring game.... the backs rushed for just 76 yards on 33 caries (2.3 ypc). Anyone present at the game want to comment on this?

If they had rushed for 400 yards would you be b*tching that the defense couldn't stop the run? It's a scrimmage...at least it shows that the offense can be consistent at mixing up an affective run/pass game to drive down the field. Looks like the defense showed up as well and kept it under control. I'd call it a win for both sides of the ball.

I was at the spring game and the D looked good. The offense looked solid but it appeared that that coach Z was not letting the O get to crazy. The offense did not run anything other than simple run plays and some passes that were effective. The play calling was pretty simple and predictable. The run game was all up the middle no sweeps, tosses or options. I think that if the O really mixed it up that they would have done better. The D looks very good and if the offense can perform and take some pressure off the defense ISU has a good chance to win some games.

I was there. It was a spring game...I suspect most of the plays were scripted. Coach Early (O-Coordinator) was out of town all week with a death in the family...so things were kept simple. Both Brad and I saw some things we really liked from our QBs...different than the past. There's no doubt we have more depth at RB right now in the spring than we had all last year...much more quickness. Menendez was all over on defense as were several other defenders. The linebacker corps looked really solid. The new guys on the D-line played fairly well and I thought David Tyler stood out.

A number of players didn't even dress because of injuries and grades. Chris Holmsley got shaken up on the very first play and never came back. There are some wrinkles to work out in the kicking game...but Garcia proved one thing today...he may not kick much from 50+ out...but when he's inside of that...at least today he was spot on.

VOTB the Journal blog said that ISU will still need to get a punter, long snapper and possibly some WR's. There was no mention of a PK.

In my opinion Garcia won the job this spring. If so, congrats to him! Sounds like he is very accurate--and he is only a pup.

Thanks for the pictures Paw, I did not get up to the game this year. Son's birthday party, and coaching a T-ball game got in the way of one of my traditions.

Latest posts

Back