• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Holt Arena atmosphere was GREAT on saturday

demian

I went to my FIRST Big Sky Conference game at Holt Arena on Saturday. IT WAS GREAT. I went to Simon Fraser game in 2016 & Western Oregon game in august 2017 (absolutely pathetic atmosphere inside Holt arena for both of those games for obvious reasons that I understand). The atmosphere on Saturday was straight up legit. Very impressive. And fun as hell. Tailgate at ISU FAT event was AWESOME. The North parking lot was full of energy. It was very cool. The atmosphere inside the dome during game was great. Crowd was awesome. Music over the speaker is getting much better but I really think we need the music WAY WAY louder between 2nd & 3rd down when we are on defense, and of course on kickoffs. Crank that music up LOUD. The team introduction prior to kickoff when they came through the bengals tunnel/ramp was very cool with lights turned off. Great job ISU and the fans and supporters for putting on a great event for college football. My wife attended her very FIRST college football game on Saturday and we had to drive 10 hours to get to Holt Arena and as we were walking to our car after the game my wife literally said "when is the next home game? We have to come back, I don't care how far of a drive it is." Pretty cool.

I'm glad you made the drive. Nice that you had someone to tailgate with. Next home game you're welcome to join our tailgate as well. And yes, the atmosphere in th Holt is getting better. I even noticed in some highlights from Eleven sports the neutral announcers commenting on how great it was there, and we really have something alluring and quaint there at the Holt Arena and Pocatello area.

BengalBannMan said:
I'm glad you made the drive. Nice that you had someone to tailgate with. Next home game you're welcome to join our tailgate as well. And yes, the atmosphere in th Holt is getting better. I even noticed in some highlights from Eleven sports the neutral announcers commenting on how great it was there, and we really have something alluring and quaint there at the Holt Arena and Pocatello area.

Hey thx BengalBannMan, yes indeed next time we come to Holt we will stop by your tailgate, I will message u ahead of time to find out your location etc. yeah I just finished watching the Eleven Sports tv broadcast a few minutes ago and yes the announcers did comment numerous times on the unique atmosphere inside the dome and they agreed it was a place that had much potential to be a real nightmare for opposing teams and a fun place for the home team. I agree Holt Arena is a cool place. I like it a lot. Pocatello is a great college town which is a billion times better than some college town like Cheney Washington or Moscow Idaho or Pullman Washington etc etc

demian said:
I went to my FIRST Big Sky Conference game at Holt Arena on Saturday. IT WAS GREAT. I went to Simon Fraser game in 2016 & Western Oregon game in august 2017 (absolutely pathetic atmosphere inside Holt arena for both of those games for obvious reasons that I understand). The atmosphere on Saturday was straight up legit. Very impressive. And fun as hell. Tailgate at ISU FAT event was AWESOME. The North parking lot was full of energy. It was very cool. The atmosphere inside the dome during game was great. Crowd was awesome. Music over the speaker is getting much better but I really think we need the music WAY WAY louder between 2nd & 3rd down when we are on defense, and of course on kickoffs. Crank that music up LOUD. The team introduction prior to kickoff when they came through the bengals tunnel/ramp was very cool with lights turned off. Great job ISU and the fans and supporters for putting on a great event for college football. My wife attended her very FIRST college football game on Saturday and we had to drive 10 hours to get to Holt Arena and as we were walking to our car after the game my wife literally said "when is the next home game? We have to come back, I don't care how far of a drive it is." Pretty cool.

Absolutely agree with your assessment about Holt, Demian. Things are definitely different. I think another factor to the imoroved atmosphere is that FANS are expecting a win, just as much as the TEAM. I gave a ticket to one of my best friends who happens to have graduated fron Montana, and he was sitting next to me with his Grizzly Gear. At one point he said to me that he thought ISU was dominatjng the game on both sides of the ball. Things are different. You can just SEE and FEEL it. Thanks for being a part of our Bengal family.

bill_idaflls said:
demian said:

Absolutely agree with your assessment about Holt, Demian. Things are definitely different. I think another factor to the imoroved atmosphere is that FANS are expecting a win, just as much as the TEAM. I gave a ticket to one of my best friends who happens to have graduated fron Montana, and he was sitting next to me with his Grizzly Gear. At one point he said to me that he thought ISU was dominatjng the game on both sides of the ball. Things are different. You can just SEE and FEEL it. Thanks for being a part of our Bengal family.

Oh man I know what your friend means by stating at one point it appeared ISU was dominating Montana on both sides of ball. Shoot at halftime I felt so great. I was literally thinking to myself silently "man we are gonna be league champs this year I think". My wife and I sauntered around the parking lot at halftime and I must admit I was kind of puffing my chest out with pride lol, I went and grabbed a cold beer from the tailgate and I said to a friend "We are looking great" and my friend looked back at me and said "so far!" lol haha. Good lesson in humility for me to keep in mind for the future. Lol. That is why they play TWO HALVES of football lol. Oh well still a whole lot of fun on Saturday. Take care of business this Saturday vs sac state and we are literally still in the hunt for the title

Latest posts

Back