• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Holt Arena or Reed Gym?

Skippy

Post your comments here or on the Bengal Blog and we'll kick it around on the coach's show tonight:

http://isubengalblog.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't mind if the rest of the games were at Reed Gym. I think games should be played where you practice. If you don't, where's the homecourt advantage? We do have a problem as far as recruits are concerned. Reed has the feel of a high-school gym. It's cozy, but so is a sleeping-bag in a tent. For the rest of the season, we should stack the deck in our favor. If the players like it better, then there's the answer.

Reed !! we need the homecourt advantage it provides.Also I believe a track meet is scheduled in Holt on Friday so this would probably eliminate practice there before a game on Saturday.

Don't hold your breath about moving to Reed. The AD will not go for it. He don't give a shit about the games or the players, but the almighty dollar. It is the job of the sports teams to make money for the athletic dept. Even though the team likes it. The crowd blew the roof of Reed Saturday night. I couldn't believe it !!!!!
What games they were.....

While Reed provides more of basketball venue, it also helped put attendance where it is now. When the move was made to Reed the team was drawing around three thousand a game. The thought was, we can go to Reed and the place will be packed. What happened was the parking situation around Reed cause many people to stop going to the games, particualarly the games during the week when night classes are in attendance. You pull up to Reed at seven on a Tuesday and the lots are packed, many just drove right on by and went home. Some because they thought the games were sold out and some because they didn't want to walk half a mile to get to the game. The reality, Holt provides better access and concessions than Reed. Reed while better to play is not as good for those watching and is harder to get to. Thus the team has been playing to 1500 to 2000 instead of the 3000 that used to come to the games. Is Reed an advantage, who knows, some believe Holt is a bigger advantage because of the space above the floor. It definitely was before we put the new lights in.

Webcaster said:
Don't hold your breath about moving to Reed. The AD will not go for it. He don't give a shit about the games or the players, but the almighty dollar. It is the job of the sports teams to make money for the athletic dept. Even though the team likes it. The crowd blew the roof of Reed Saturday night. I couldn't believe it !!!!!
What games they were.....

The AD took Joe's request to ISU Admin yesterday, and they are expecting an answer today.

One of the interesting notes about playing at Holt Arena is that since the school installed the lighting directly above the court and began shutting down the rest of the arena lighting, ISU's home winning percentage has declined. If games stay at Holt...it could be more advantageous to leave all the arena lights on during games, which I think makes it much more difficult for visiting players, as they get the sense (as someone said last night) that they're playing in an airplane hanger.

I must say two things:
1) My postings are not the views of any organization or department . I know my name here on the blog indicates that I am a member of broadcasting crew, but it was not meant to reflect on any organization or department

2) I have always and will always support the athletics at ISU. No matter what....

With that being said.

I have always tried to be a good team member with my fellow students and employers . I feel what I do in Webcasting ISU is to present a positive attitude towards the University and Athletics.

I am very sorry for the comments made about the AD. It was not meant to be personal. I have great respect for the AD, because he was thrown in to a position to say the least was very demanding from the start. The AD has done a lot of good for the athletic dept. My comments were meant to start a dialogue with in the blog. I grew up a Nebraska fan, so it was my memories from that, I made the comments about the AD having to sell the team. Sorry !!

In the future I will post my comments but I will be more tactful and choose better words and think before I write, as not to offend anyone and so nothing will be taken personal.

In closing, I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone here on the blog or anyone at the university. No matter what happens here at the university I will always be a student of ISU and be proud of it, and a proud supporter of Bengal sports.

Jim K ( webcaster)

Enough with this political correctness crap! Webcaster has a right to his own opinions and shouldn’t have to apologize for it. He raises some interesting points. I would rather watch games in Holt because it’s easier to sneak in adult beverages. On the other hand, I probably wouldn’t need those beverages at Reed because Joe doesn’t lose there. Holt Arena does feel more like a college arena to me though.

Looks like it's official : ( http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012610aaa.html

I certainly hope you're not insinuating I was demanding an apology from webcaster. All I did was point out the AD took the move-to-Reed request to the admin. I made no other claims. As a matter of fact, the only other comments I made were about lighting at Holt. I've always defended other's right to voice their opinions here.

No VOTB you did not say anything, that needed that reply. My comments were worded incorrectly. And it was brought to my attention. I was wrong for posting them. As a student, I am not really happy right now, I lashed out in the wrong place and used words that were hurtful. So, I felt that I needed to apologize and set the record straight. The freedom of expression as in a blog sometimes gives way to just venting. Like I said I have the up most respect for everyone in the athletic dept, they are going though just as hard times as the rest of ISU.

Webcaster, I rather enjoy the highlights you've put up in the past.. Would it be too much to ask for highlights of the EWU/PSU games??

I have been doing highlights of the wins....they are here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgVBtRf4yQ&feature=player_embedded

We are posting videos on the team home pages and swapping them out after games and every few days...Katie did the women's wins from last week at home, and has tennis highlights as well.

I got the ISU/PSU ones up this morning.

ISUSID

tuffgoing

This season we have not been recording the basketball games from the broadcasts. Last year I was doing it on my own time. This year my class load is to heavy to spend the time to edit the games. ISUSID is providing some hi-lights.

I did the hi-lights last year just to see how many people would click on them. I had over 2,000 hits on the mens and womens hi-lights. I'm glad the fans enjoyed them.

Thanks again

Jim K ( webcaster)

Latest posts

Back