• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Home Kickoff Times Set...

PBP

For the upcoming season:

POCATELLO, Idaho- Kickoff times for all five Idaho State home football games plus the Sept. 18 contest at Boise State have been announced.

The Bengals play its first two home games on Sept. 5 vs. Black Hills State and Sept. 12 vs. Portland State at 4 p.m. The remaining three home games vs. Eastern Washington (Oct. 17), Montana (Nov. 7) and Montana State (Nov. 14) will kick off at 1:35 p.m.

Kickoff for the Sept. 18 game at Boise State is at 7 p.m. and it will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. The remaining kickoff times for road games will be announced through out the spring and summer.

Season tickets and select single-game sales for road games are on sale at the ISU Ticket Office. Fans can call 208-282-FANS or log onto isubengals.com. Season tickets are $84.

The Bengals are currently in the middle of spring practice. ISU concludes spring ball April 25 at 12 p.m. with the Dave Kragthorpe Classic.

PBP

I will be interested to see if any of these games are televised. The original ROOT schedule excluded ISU entirely.

I don't know how much input Mike may have in home game times but he's gone on record as saying if it was up to him every ISU home game would kick off at noon.

PBP

Have never understood the logic of playing Saturday afternoon games in Idaho. There are thousands of kids playing little league football and soccer (with their parents in tow) on Saturday afternoons, hunting and fishing season is at its peak, and nobody wants to be indoors on a beautiful fall afternoon. That's why the Dome was built in the first place -- to allow Saturday NIGHT football, especially late in the season.

The 1:35 time is what time ROOT sports has required for consideration for broadcast. I would not be surprised if all three of the 135 games are broadcast this year.

I have personally heard Kramer say that he'd prefer that all of ISU's home games start at 12 noon. But I don't think that he understands the SE Idaho culture. And what may work in Missoula, Montana may not necessarily work well in Pocatello.

First of all, I didn't know this until just several years ago. But I know that it's expected for devout LDS people to not patronize businesses, go to sporting events, movies, etc. on Sundays, because they're expected to attend church for much of the day. And therefore that just leaves Saturdays whereby they may get their shopping done and run errands, etc. And like some here have stated, many in the region are tied up with little league games on Saturday afternoons, and many do like to hunt during the fall.

But with all of these factors taken into consideration, then it appears only logical that we'd try to schedule the games at night, and not during the day. There are many people in SE Idaho that need to work on Saturdays that could attend games during the evening. But then again I'm not sure if this is a factor because there are many that need to work swing shifts that could only attend an afternoon game.

As far as the 1:35 start time that's required my Root Sports, I doubt that Root would carry all three of the games, and they may only decide to carry just one of them, if any of them at all. I would seem to think that they may be interested in carrying either one of the Montana games in November, and they both start at 4 pm. But we'll see what happens.

I know that Tingey has been experimenting at carrying the games at different time slots over the last few years or so, to see which timeframe would work best at drawing the best crowds. But I think that he should try some evening games and see the results would be. Now I've heard it said that the younger ISU crowd would like to see a later start, like 7 pm, because they like staying up late. Whereas much of the older fans would like to see an earlier start because they like going to bed earlier. And many of them would prefer not to still be in the dome after 10 pm watching a game. So I think that 6 pm would be an ideal time to start a game. We'd finish at about 9:15 or so and that wouldn't be too late to go home and get some sleep, for those that would wish to do so. The loyal ISU fans could start tailgating at around 3 or 4 pm or so when it's warmest during the day.

Thats the Root of the problem, pun intended. The Montana schools typically wait much longer to find out game Times. Root is a PIA. TV dictates start times, like it or not. I believe ESPN has set the time for the NDSU @ Montana game, whatever it is. The better the football played, the more TV will jerk you around. Nice problem to have, actually.

Latest posts

Back