• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

homecoming game

spartan

okay - it looks like the game is a blowout

here comes the 'fire the coach', 'poor, poor me', the world is ending, bandwagon

support the team and isu athletics or go away

go bengals

Actually, I would say give Zamberlin a three year extension.

Let's be honest, the facilities suck, the fans suck and Larry Lewis absolutely gutted the football program. To expect Zamberlin to field a competitive team in three short years, just is not fair.

I think we were all just 'pissed off' about last week and most of us said quite a number of things that plainly illustrated just how uneducated that we are about what it takes to build a winner. Forget the 1-15 record in the last two seasons, we need to buck the hell up and quit being a bunch of vagina fans.

If we cannot get on board and realize a good thing when we see it, we are just horrible fans. Half the fun is watching the program get built from the ground up. I think it makes it more rewarding when things get turned around. I have been pretty patient my whole life, and to be honest, three more years just is not too much to ask of me.

So, enough from me about player retention and enough of me being tough on Coach Zamberlin. I am committed to concentrating on the positives and doing my part as a fan. I am done being negative and I ask all my fellow Bengal fans to be supportive when times are tough.

The positives that I saw today:

Look at how well JV punted the ball today.
The team did not quit.
The game was not out of reach until the 3rd quarter.
The punt protection was improved.
ISU got some good young WR, their first career catch.
AJ Storms is proving that he deserves to be 1st team All BSC.
Kyle Blum played pretty good out there today and made some great plays with his feet.
R. Hill did a pretty good job considering he has a banged up thumb.
ISU defense is playing good enough to win. The Eagles punish everyone.
The defense did a nice job forcing a few more turnovers today.
6,000 fans showed up for Homecoming--and that is nice.
ISU had a couple of very nice kick returns today.
JD had the longest punt return of the season for ISU.

I appreciate the effort today and look forward to continued improvement. I am also excited about the recruiting season, with another recruiting year or two like we saw this year, the influx of talent will begin to pay off. Plus, think of all the TRFR that are playing and getting game experience this season, it may be tough at times now, but there is no substitute for game experience.

Go Bengals and look out Sac State.

I agree; three years to turn around a football program is almost impossible given the condition of the program. I would just like to see consistant improvement or change working toward that improvement. I also agree that our team held strong mentally and did not quit (this is very important).

The fourth quarter today gave us a glimpse of what is to come and it looks good. We have some talented young players that will be "PlayMakers" in the near future.

If we can get our O line to hold strong and give our quarterback at least a couple of seconds it will help us tremendously.

Look forward to kicking Sac States Ass!

Go Bengals!!!

Caught the 3rd Q to end via the internet. Who's the sideline reporter, VOTB/Skippy? Is she ISU's version of Erin Andrews???? ;)

Get healthy. Get better. Get after Sac State.

The team is heading in the wrong direction instead of the right IMO...3 wins in 07, 1 win in 08, and probably 0 in 09. One fan said after the game today, "Worst football I've seen in 20 years." Are the players responding to the coaches anymore? Looking from the stands it looks like the coaches cant do anything to get these boys ready to play with fire, especially up front...the demeanor of some of these kids is terrible. Looks like they've lost control of the team to me.

john:
She is a student. She asked Jerry if she could be a sideline reporter for him and KSEI. Since we use KSEI audio we thought we could add her video to the webcast. We are trying to add new things to improve the webcast. We have 4 cameras and a new score program which its at the top of the screen. We hope the viewers enjoy the improvements.

Jim

spartan said:
okay - it looks like the game is a blowout

here comes the 'fire the coach', 'poor, poor me', the world is ending, bandwagon

support the team and isu athletics or go away

go bengals

You're the one that needs to go away.

As I wrote in another post, when ISU elected to punt on 4th and 1 later in the 2nd qtr I thought that was the end of it for us and was a key turning point on the march to another defeat. We were in our own zone, sure, but if we had turned the ball over on downs, it really wouldn't have mattered at that point. We punted, put the defense back out there and got marched on down the field anyway. A first down could have been a real confidence booster and possibly resulted in a sustained drive. We had NOTHING to lose at that point and it was one of the few opportunities this season to stay competitive . Pop went the air out of that balloon. Poor coaching decision there IMHO. Nice show of confidence to the offensive line and ball carriers - NOT.

The sideline reporter looked really nervous and uncomfortable. Cool attempt. Now we have a kiss cam and a sideline reporter. What happened to Papa John's and the t-shirt gun?

The t-shirt gun was replaced, yesterday anyway, by the parachute (another use of kitchen garbage bags) drop of t-shirts from the catwalk above the seats.
Whatever happened to the Army ROTC cadets ringing the bell with the ATV when the Bengals scored? Granted, they wouldn't have had to use too much fuel yesterday but the bell is now gone from the west end of the Holt as well.
What happened to all the businesses that used to give out trinkets at Bengal fest? Yesterday AT&T was on hand to throw out mini=footballs, the book store and the New Day display was there and that was about it.

Latest posts

Back