• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hornets baseball in the offseason

bozarsjs

For all of you who are interested in WAC baseball in general and Sac State baseball in particular, I have a blog concerned with both. My blog is active throughout the year as you will see if you take a look. I have just recently posted two articles about the Hornets; one about what the team has coming back and the other about recruits. I think the Hornets will be a power in the WAC next year and that could prove interesting on many fronts. The biggest question will be where will they end up when the WAC is weakened by all the shuffling around. A very good team in a very weak conference is not a good fit. Read on!

http://www.sjswacwccbaseball.blogspot.com

bozarsjs said:
For all of you who are interested in WAC baseball in general and Sac State baseball in particular, I have a blog concerned with both. My blog is active throughout the year as you will see if you take a look. I have just recently posted two articles about the Hornets; one about what the team has coming back and the other about recruits. I think the Hornets will be a power in the WAC next year and that could prove interesting on many fronts. The biggest question will be where will they end up when the WAC is weakened by all the shuffling around. A very good team in a very weak conference is not a good fit. Read on!

sjswacwccbaseball.blogspot.com

I have been reading your blog for sometime Bozar. Nice job with it :thumb:

Good read Bozar, keep up the good work. :thumb:

As far as the money goes, I am banking on winning a SuperLotto Jackpot. :|

As the WAC falls apart, it makes sense to move to the Big West. Do not see any other options. And the Big West is a very good option for Sac State .

josephpoint said:
As the WAC falls apart, it makes sense to move to the Big West. Do not see any other options. And the Big West is a very good option for Sac State .

Except for the fact that the Big West does NOT want Sac....

Super Hornet said:
josephpoint said:

Except for the fact that the Big West does NOT want Sac....

If that was true then we would not have gotten a men's soccer invite starting this year...

I agree with those that feel the baseball team has a future in the Big West. That would make them a travel partner with Davis (if they stay in the BW) since Pacific left. I don't know what the future holds for the baseball program since Coach Christiansen seems to be building something of a powerhouse in the west. The absence of night baseball (no lights) surely hurts the growth of the program. They could be really good this year but weird things can happen in sports. The WAC is dying but the baseball teams in the WAC are mostly pretty good. It should be a very entertaining year with a lot of new teams. The Texas teams along with Seattle and Bakersfield will add a lot.

Well now that the WAC has added UVU and CSUB, it will be interesting to see. We have a stable home for baseball with the WAC as of now. If Men's Soccer continues to impress the Big West folks as they are currently 4-0 in our inaugural league play, that might be a nice invite back into the BWC. Only time (and hopefully many victories) will tell.

We need lights. I work and I cannot go during the day. Are there plans to solve this problem? Go Hornets!

Latest posts

Back