• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

How about the MSU AD fiasco?

It sounds like MSU recovered quickly hiring an assistant AD from South Dakota State, who was one of the other five finalists. Hey people change their minds. There is such a huge gap between the PAC -12 and Big Sky schools these days, it would be very difficult to leave Utah, even for a chance to run your own show. MSU is paying $180 K -- my guess is Brennan would probably have been taking a pay cut to go there. And his wife worked in the athletic department at Utah too, so you'd have to assume they were going to lose income, at least initially. It's too bad Brennan didn't think all of that through before agreeing to take the job, but it looks like MSU had a good "plan B."

Ps--I just looked up Brennan's salary at Utah -- he's getting paid $197 K., so between that and his wife's job, they were going to take a pretty big income cut. Not to mention the fact Bozeman is a pretty expensive place to live.

but he knew all that before he took the job. Just seems weird to me that he accepts, get introduced, drives home and changes his mind.

There is some pretty good speculation on BobcatNation about what UU may have done with money and promises about his future at UU.

Skippy said:
You left out a key step-- he drove home, TALKED TO HIS WIFE and changed his mind.

I guess, if you assume he didn't talk with her before he accepted.

Sounds like UU kicked in some more coin to get him to stay after he accepted.

....I imagine his wife said ....."You mean ....MSU ? .....up in the state of Montana ?....Where men are men....and sheep are nervous ?...that MSU ? "....... :rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts

Back