• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Huskies WIN!!

clawman1

I know, I know some hate the Huskies and want to talk about them. I am a college football junkie and just interested in discussing a game of this importance.
What did you notice in the final 2 minutes of this game?
To me the clock management was HORRIBLE. It was almost like the Huskies wanted to lose.
Best case Texas should not have had the last possession, or with much less time. At minimum the 5 sec play and the 1 second play would not have happened.
Thoughts?

I do think that was the consensus among fans, Huskies won despite their best efforts to lose. I pointed out these games seemed so much more winnable then 2016 CFP run against Bama.

Kalen DeBoer era Huskies remind me of 2010-19 Eastern. Crazy good QB, great receivers, competent OL and RBs a decent defense that doesn't give up too many points.

It'd be cool to get someone from that coaching tree but I don't know who. I know we have Sioux Falls coaches but I don't think they knew each other.

I’m happy for the Huskies.

But yeah, clock management in the 4th quarter was a whole different level of terrible. The Huskies tried to gift wrap the game to Texas just as Michigan’s special teams tried to gift Alabama a win.

In the end, the two better teams won. It was just a lot closer for both than it should’ve been.

Agree with everyone. I had already counted my chickens(and winnings) then went wtf just happened??? No way Texas should have seen that ball at the end. That was scary and I'm glad they won...the off. coord calls a good game. RB hurt back prolly won't suit up...that hurts.

265d07f6c6dea24cfa39ba2c6d46a979.gif

LDopaPDX said:

But yeah, clock management in the 4th quarter was a whole different level of terrible. The Huskies tried to gift wrap the game to Texas just as Michigan’s special teams tried to gift Alabama a win.

In the end, the two better teams won. It was just a lot closer for both than it should’ve been.

IMO there is a difference in player mistakes and coaching mistakes. Players are just kids, coaches are supposed to be high paid professionals. When coaching so poorly managed the last two minutes putting a win at stake, and that is when their premier running back was injured, is terrible. Stupid calls could cost thee Huskies a win in the championship game.

I'm seeing posts on facebook and reddit of Griz fans taking credit for UW being in the national championship game because they think UW losing to Montana caused Jimmy Lake to be fired. These fucking people man... I'm sure it helped but its not like he didn't shove a player on national TV or lose a bunch of other games.

clawman said:
LDopaPDX said:

IMO there is a difference in player mistakes and coaching mistakes. Players are just kids, coaches are supposed to be high paid professionals. When coaching so poorly managed the last two minutes putting a win at stake, and that is when their premier running back was injured, is terrible. Stupid calls could cost thee Huskies a win in the championship game.

You ain't wrong clawman but think Huskies have an advantage at coaching having seen Harbaugh in big games... :D Should be a good game.

Latest posts

Back