• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

I am a Bengal and this is my team!

Bengal Roar

Words from our own Pocatato.
Don't get me wrong. I am very disappointed in our showing or lack thereof. I think there are some issues that can be resolved but the window is tight. I think we lack vocal team leaders. Chemistry is not balanced. We played better last week against BSU.

I still believe in our team. I still believe in our Coach. Coach of the year last year of the Big Sky. Remember? Kramer and Co. can figure it out but the players need to figure it out too. There are only a few players I've seen leaving it all on the field. Only a few! Coaches coach and Players play. Get on the same page. There is still time.

I am a Bengal and this is my team!

It is sad when you only see a few players giving it their all. I agree we are definitely missing leadership but I honestly just don't see the same effort from players like I did last year. A good example last year if the ball was even near one of wide receivers they went after it with aggression. This year I have seen them give up and pull back for fear of being hit and they have dropped more passes than I would like to count. Our offensive line doesn't have near the mean streak they did last year they flat out pushed people around. This year they are getting pushed around. I've seen more effort and heart on the defensive side of the ball this year than on the offense and maybe that is the difference this year. Let's hope the players get back on board and we can turn this thing around.

And you will continue seeing receivers pulling up until Sander's starts throwing the ball on time. To his credit he threw more accurately at UNLV, just late. Our offense is predicated on the QB delivering the ball as the receiver comes out of his cut. Right now Sander's is waiting until they have finished the move to throw. This gives the defensive backs more than adequate time to see where he is throwing leading to interceptions, incompletions, and timid receivers. Arias locked on receivers last year but threw on time, the DB didn't have time to jump his routes, this year the quick routes are in danger every time because Sander's is holding the ball. The mistake was in not getting a JC last year and red shirting him, forcing us to endure what is going on now. Frankly, I think we would have done just as well letting Tanner play instead of getting a JC, at least Tanner throws on time.

Neither is the better QB right now. The question is who has the biggest up side. I believe Tanner has a better up side than a kid who will be here two years then gone.

I realize and also notice a marginal difference between the 2 QBs. But the two are not equally yoked. Tanner has much less pressure on him so far and a change to him as a starter will show the difference in experience that Sanders has received, so basically it would set the team back 4 weeks..... Nobody wants that setback, and both are improving.

I think this is all about buying in. Buying into the decisions from the coaches, and our role of support.

If the coaches are failing us all, they're not doing it because they want to. They have more at stake than deciding wether or not to cheer for a struggling program.

Let's all give it two or three more weeks. We're Laying conference games, no excuses of unequal, or no current scouting reports. Then let's see if the improvements are there. Then let's talk changes in.... Well everything but the producing aspects of the whole program, administration on down to who ever chose these awful uniform color schemes so far.

I don't want to see two QB's ruined. I worry about that. I worry about benching Sanders and him going in the tank. I worry about Gueller being given the reins and being ruined from a confidence standpoint. Both are not ready right now and that is not necessarily there fault. I also think Idaho State is learning at OC and I think all of it together has lead to what is happening now.

I think it is advisable in the future, that if a JC/drop down QB is taken that they must be in for Spring ball. I would also hope that the days of needing a JC kid at QB are close to ending.

I think the safe bet is riding with Sanders and hoping he comes around. If not open up the competition in the spring.

I am hoping for the best from either QB is under center.

Latest posts

Back