• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

I predict upper half BSC finish next season.

bengalcub

Boyd and Topalovic have shown great improvements over last season. Robert Jones will only come back better. Luzcando is a good Big Sky player, especially when they post him up. Chivivichan and Ingram returning will only help in depth.

Shooters, count them a ton of talent returns, ISU has 5-6 guys that can hit from deep and they recruited a 4/5 that can step out as well.

They need to find a point guard, but by the sounds of things Evans already has a bead on one or two.

I am going out on a limb here and assuming some things but I believe Telfair moving on will help this team. I think he has a "me first" mentality, and I think at times, it has really caused some issues.

From the Journal:

"I wasn't thinking about what coach is talking about (tonight),” Telfair said. “I was just playing. I was being a robot (Thursday). … I just got out of my own way (tonight). I stopped thinking about what anybody was saying to me, because I knew this was my last game in Idaho. So I'd rather go out with a bang than go out regretting what I should've done.”

Telfair is a solid talent but he is a high volume shooter that shoots a low percentage. I think the chemistry of the team was hurt by his suspension early in the season and I don't think they could ever recover. Too many things said, maybe some division in the team.

Some may think I am crazy but I feel like this team is loaded and can have 5-6 guys that average in double figures next season. I think they play way better next year and give themselves an outside shot in the Big Sky post season tournament.

bengalcub said:
Boyd and Topalovic have shown great improvements over last season. Robert Jones will only come back better. Luzcando is a good Big Sky player, especially when they post him up. Chivivichan and Ingram returning will only help in depth.

Shooters, count them a ton of talent returns, ISU has 5-6 guys that can hit from deep and they recruited a 4/5 that can step out as well.

They need to find a point guard, but by the sounds of things Evans already has a bead on one or two.

I am going out on a limb here and assuming some things but I believe Telfair moving on will help this team. I think he has a "me first" mentality, and I think at times, it has really caused some issues.

From the Journal:

"I wasn't thinking about what coach is talking about (tonight),” Telfair said. “I was just playing. I was being a robot (Thursday). … I just got out of my own way (tonight). I stopped thinking about what anybody was saying to me, because I knew this was my last game in Idaho. So I'd rather go out with a bang than go out regretting what I should've done.”

Telfair is a solid talent but he is a high volume shooter that shoots a low percentage. I think the chemistry of the team was hurt by his suspension early in the season and I don't think they could ever recover. Too many things said, maybe some division in the team.

Some may think I am crazy but I feel like this team is loaded and can have 5-6 guys that average in double figures next season. I think they play way better next year and give themselves an outside shot in the Big Sky post season tournament.
I like your enthusiasm Cub. My biggest concerns about next year are: gotta find a leader and a point guard -- hopefully in the same package. This was ET's team last year. It was nobody's team this year. Gotta figure out a defensive philosophy, stick to it and get good at it. ISU was the worst defensive team in the league this year and it wasn't even close. Montana came in 10th in the league in three point shooting Saturday night (35 percent) and hit 11 of 21 against the Bengals. Bill Evans loves the matchup zone but ISU was getting shredded so badly from 3 (and elsewhere) that he played almost exclusively man D the last couple weeks of the season. It didn't matter. ISU could not guard anybody.

It will be interesting to see who is on next year's roster. ET is the only senior and he has already been replaced by Kimberly, who is in school and practicing. Bill has said he is actively recruiting a point guard, which means somebody is going to have to leave or lose a scholarship. He also has a commit from a JUCO F, although I'm not banking that one yet, at least until he signs. And if Ingram graduates this spring, he is eligible to leave as a fifth year grad student who would not have to sit out if he transfers. So stay tuned. But one thing I know: if Idaho State is going to be competitive next year, they must play much better defense than we witnessed this year.

Latest posts

Back