• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ICCU Donates $10 Million to Idaho

I caught up on the posts on the Idaho site on this topic. They are now looking at $45 million for a 4200 seat arena. The ICCU donation still leaves them $11 million short of what they need. Uncertain when they’ll break ground, which means uncertain when it will be finished. Still a lot of work to do to get to a final product but they are certainly making progress.

I would be surprised if ISU did not already offer to ICCU but they are already a major donor. I heard from someone who works at ICCU the major reason they donated was to expand into north Idaho. Less about supporting UI over than ISU but simply a marketing tactic. ISU needs to find a local large business to offer naming rights for either a Dome renovation or a new basketball arena. Maybe Simplot? Amy's Kitchen? Great Western Malting? On Semiconductor? Someone's gotta be a Bengal fan who wants to see them succeed.

Looking at Kent Oram's (ICCU CEO) comments about the donation it's mildly obvious that this is a business decision founded on expansion efforts into a new region of the state. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure I see any existing businesses in east Idaho making a donation for the same reasons. Someone may step up, but not for the same reason Kent and ICCU did.

Wasn't there talk a while back that ISU had a major donation in the works for a new arena, but the donor supposedly didn't want naming rights and wanted others to take the lead? Could this be the reason why..?

Business or not it's still a stab in the back for I.S.U., in favor of our back stabbing country cousins. If I have an account at ICCU. I won't have one for long. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
Business or not it's still a stab in the back for I.S.U., in favor of our back stabbing country cousins. If I have an account at ICCU. I won't have one for long. GO BENGALS

I'm betting that ICCU is shaking in their boots over that threat. :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Maybe we can get Idaho's hand me downs, and they'll give us the curtain which surrounds their court in the dome. :lol:

Basketball_Pic_2.jpg

Lest we forget, ICCU has given ISU athletics money in the past. However unfortunate, this was clearly a business decision. Yes, the optics are poor. Yes, it disadvantages ISU compared to a rival. Still, despite teh short-term optics, this was clearly a business decision.

I had ICCU at one point and they were perfectly adequate in terms of banking.

Just off the top of my head the ICCU company helped build the football practice turf with a donation, they paid for the renovation of the Reed Gym floor for women's basketball and they did the same thing for the men at Holt Arena.

Those were substantial donations and as noted should not be forgotten.

PBP

Latest posts

Back