• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Idaho Loses in WNIT, Weber Advances in WBI

mvem said:
Bethann Ord

4 - WBI wins
2 - Big Sky Tournament wins

:? :lol:

As a coach told me it's still a tournament, it still gives your kids a chance to play (especially younger ones), it's still a banner and today most kids couldn't tell you the difference between any tournament not named the NCAA.

Just sayin'

We'll see how they do next year losing the two grad transfers, Adams and Quinn.

Now that's she's opened the door in the Big Sky for grad transfers we'll see if she goes back to that well. (Or if anyone else takes the plunge...)

PBP

PBP said:
mvem said:
Bethann Ord

4 - WBI wins
2 - Big Sky Tournament wins

:? :lol:

As a coach told me it's still a tournament, it still gives your kids a chance to play (especially younger ones), it's still a banner and today most kids couldn't tell you the difference between any tournament not named the NCAA.

Just sayin'

We'll see how they do next year losing the two grad transfers, Adams and Quinn.

Now that's she's opened the door in the Big Sky for grad transfers we'll see if she goes back to that well. (Or if anyone else takes the plunge...)

PBP

My point was more that it's unusual for a coach to have more national postseason wins than conference tournament wins.

And, yes, the grad transfers were definitely the difference in Weber's season this year. They should be careful not to get addicted to the short-term high of transfer-heavy recruiting, though, because that could stunt their long-term growth. That's what happened to the Portland State men under Tyler Geving—he kept having to recruit a bunch of transfers to save his job each year and, as a result, his team could never gain enough cohesiveness or polish to realize their raw talent potential. I'm not suggesting Weber should go the route of Montana WBB and refuse to go after transfers everdy-ever, but Ord should still be careful.

If Montana could make a shot, I think they could have upset Michigan last night. DeCuire seems to always be able to recruit very athletic guards, but they aren’t shooters. He needs to get a three point shooter or two.

It was painful to watch Montana miss all those shots. How about Buffalo blowing out Arizona, didn't pick that one.

After UMBC crushed Virginia, a totally amazing performance, CBS came up with a humorous stat. NCAA #16 seeds are now 1-135 against #1 seeds. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back