• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Idaho State coach Kramer up for new contract...

bengalcub

Athletics figures at Boise State and Idaho State will have potential new contracts up for approval when the Idaho State Board of Education meets via teleconference Thursday.

Three coaches and one administrator are up for new deals — Boise State women's basketball coach Gordy Presnell and volleyball coach Shawn Garus, Idaho State football coack Mike Kramer and Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/15/3543516/idaho-state-coach-kramer-up-for.html?sp=/99/104/#storylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Idaho State football coach Mike Kramer’s three-year contract extension was approved by the Idaho State Board of Education on Thursday in Boise.

Kramer, the 2014 Big Sky Conference coach of the year, received a 10 percent bump in his base salary to $154,523.20. Including incentive pay, the maximum potential compensation of the new contract for a single year is $225,352.80.

Along with Kramer’s contract approval, the State Board endorsed a three-year contract extension for ISU Director of Athletics Jeff Tingey. The annual base salary for Tingey is $120,931.20 per year, a 10 percent increase over his previous deal.

Read more: Idaho State Journal: ISU football: Kramer's new 3-year deal approved by the State Board of Education

I remember getting ripped for saying this when I was there, but you have an A.D. in Jeff Tingey that wants to be there, grew up in the area, and genuinely cares about Idaho State and Pocatello. He's a homegrown guy who takes pride in his work, and has done about as well as you can with the facilities there, and now when ISU loses a coach or administrator, it's because they move to a bigger school (say Jan McMillin, see me, see Quinton Freeman among others). He lets coaches coach and workers work, but he makes sure it's done right.

I remember the whole "he's Kent's son" argument and thinking folks had it all wrong. Jeff keeps this up and it will go from "he's Kent's son" to "he's Jeff's father".

The pay raise is a modest one that doesn't break the bank, but rewards his efforts and is great to see, as is the multi-year contract. Couldn't be happier for the guy, or the school. It's nice to see hard work rewarded.

He's going to go down as one of the best A.D.'s that school has ever had, and I'm kind of an expert since I worked for almost half of them (5 of 12).

Former ISUSID and happy guy...

I agree. Both deserved a raise, and I hope the assistants and other athletic staff members get a raise too. The whole athletic dept. Is something to be proud of right now. If we can pull in a few better hoops recruits, next year could be one of the best overall for athletics in a long time. Proud of ISU and the leadership & coaches!

FormerISUSID said:
I remember getting ripped for saying this when I was there, but you have an A.D. in Jeff Tingey that wants to be there, grew up in the area, and genuinely cares about Idaho State and Pocatello. He's a homegrown guy who takes pride in his work, and has done about as well as you can with the facilities there, and now when ISU loses a coach or administrator, it's because they move to a bigger school (say Jan McMillin, see me, see Quinton Freeman among others). He lets coaches coach and workers work, but he makes sure it's done right.

I remember the whole "he's Kent's son" argument and thinking folks had it all wrong. Jeff keeps this up and it will go from "he's Kent's son" to "he's Jeff's father".

The pay raise is a modest one that doesn't break the bank, but rewards his efforts and is great to see, as is the multi-year contract. Couldn't be happier for the guy, or the school. It's nice to see hard work rewarded.

He's going to go down as one of the best A.D.'s that school has ever had, and I'm kind of an expert since I worked for almost half of them (5 of 12).

Former ISUSID and happy guy...

:+1:

Latest posts

Back