• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Idaho State Football Wiki

biobengal

Anybody ever do much work on Wikipedia? Idaho State Football has Wiki page, a select few from the BSC do as well. IMO, here's a chance to improve ISU athletics public image. In fact, when searching, a wiki page is ofte the first page that is shown due to the number of links on the site.

I've poked around for a little while making small changes... I would love some help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho_State_Bengals_football#cite_note-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get the page up to snuff. The athletic department has to have an intern/grad student that should be working on this. This should not have to be done by the fans. The page needs pics lots of pics of the dome and the athletic facilities. The former players should be identified. Former players donations to the school. The uniforms need to be displayed.

I brought this up with Steve Schaack last night on the coach's show and just e-mailed him the link to the page. He expressed a lot of interest about working on the page...

Not only does ISU need to update the Wikipedia site but ISU needs to get a rivals recruiting site. Eastern Washington has one and a couple others from the FCS do. ISU needs to get access to this kind of marketing and information sites. This is how you generate support and interest in a program that does not have a winning record. I have included the link to rivals requiting can anyone look into this.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/sitelanding.asp#college

Back when we were using ProBoards to host the message board (3 or 4 years ago), I looked into Rivals. Bottom line -- they aren't interested in FCS schools, because they don't see them as a money making opportunity.

I contacted the administrator for EWU's Rivals site at that same time, and he had the same experience. He knew the individual who was running the Washington preps site, and he was able to work through him to get EWU's Rivals site. Interestingly enough, he told me at the time that if he could do it over, he never would have gone on Rivals. It took away a lot of freedom he had from his previous site, and Rivals requires a certain number of articles/reports each month. You need somebody who is not only well connected, but who also has a lot of time and can research/create the required number of reports. If you look at EWU's site, it hasn't been updated in a couple of years (the last report I saw was from April, 2010).

It might be different today; however, by looking at the list of schools, I'm guessing not. At least the search function can be used and includes most FCS schools, including ISU...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/recruit-search

Whoever runs a Rivals site cannot have direct affiliation with the school because it is essentially a recruiting site and there are strict rules on contacts with recruits.

Latest posts

Back