• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Idaho Vandals lose to Big Sky

Moscow_Bengal

Idaho just lost to the Big Sky's Eastern Washington, badly. Despite having 22 more scholarships than Eastern, the Vandals still lost 20-3. Enjoy your 0-12 season. I totally understand how FBS independence is the best choice for UI fans, students and alums.

Yeah, I saw the game tonight on ESPN3. Idaho didn't play well at all, but I think that EWU looks pretty good and should be competitive in the league again. And we should be glad we're not playing them this year. In fact we're probably still a couple years away from being able to compete with them. But as far as this game tonight, I do feel kinda bad for the Idaho fans.

Totally agree! The Vandals are well on their way to proving that FBS Independence holds a bright future for their program!

I think it's a safe bet that in two years Idaho will become the 14th football member of the Big Sky. Even if there is more conference realignment (and there will be...) seriously who would want them?

Location, population size, television market all are strongly working against them.

I understand they have to placate some of their more vocal alumni who insist of playing in the "top level" of football, regardless of cost and physical abuse on the players, that's why they are going to try independence.

When it doesn't work they can tell those alumni "hey we tried...what more can we do?"

PBP

Well what are we going to do with them(U of I)? Does anyone know when U of I and WSU were established? It amazed me that in that part of the country that we could have two Universities. WSU has about, what,18,000 and U of I has about 11,000. I could be wrong on WSU. You know that they are only 8 miles apart, just across the State line from each other. Wonder if they still have the Pigskin Run? Anyway, maybe they can work it out in the Big Sky, I don't know. It is pretty country though. I love the Palouse! Are they a threat to ISU?

When i saw hilights of Idaho practicing it showed the QB. Sorry but he looked like garbage. I thought to myself they are going to have another rough year. I gave them 2 years a few weeks ago. It might be next year when they come back?

....just a rumor....the Big Sky Conference has "re-issued" their invitation to the University of Idaho ....we will take them back in all sports EXCEPT football....they don't meet our standards..... :rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts

Back