• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

I'm back (just as 2 instead of the original)

bengaleyes2

For all you folks that have missed my many intellectual and often time controversial posting on this sight that currently appears to be dead; let me assure you, I'm back.

Q & A for ya:

Q: Why did ISU football schedule such huge competition in the beginning of the season.
A: (some of you will say "for the $"). Yes and No. The real answer is: to start preparing to buy out Zamberlin when they fire him next year. Why break tradition. Make him the fourth/fifth staff fired.

"why bengaleyes, he should be fired if they don't win".
WRONG. Its always about the $$$$$. No staff can change the program at ISU.
NO $ NO $ NO $.

Buyout Zam? If they did decide to go in a different direction after the season they wouldn't need to buy him out. I believe that he has a three year contract, this being the third. While the $ is important and seems to be a driving force for most everything, it is not what will change the direction ISU is going. Attitude, accountibility, respect, and philosophy is what is needed.

philosophical coaching ideals wont work there. Go look at the history of the isu program over the last 3 decades. 22 losing seasons, 7 winning. people in their little shell over in poca-smell-hole need to look outside, and ask themselves why does just about every program across the country put so much money into their football stadiums, pressboxes, lockerrooms, equipment.......

A: Everyone across the country who is anything knows that it is the best way to recruit and support the coaching staff and produce winning programs and help start or continue tradition...

We originally said no to Oklahoma, but when the budget reductions were about to become a serious reality, Z stepped to the plate and agreed to take one for the team and play Oklahoma. Also, Jahim is right in that Z is in the final year of his original three-year deal, so a buyout wouldn't be necessary. However, remember that the last two coaches to have their contracts run out, Allison Gibson in soccer, and Joe O'Brien in basketball, were both given three-year extensions once the original deals were up.

Way to be positive on a Monday....

ISUSID

isusid said:
We originally said no to Oklahoma, but when the budget reductions were about to become a serious reality, Z stepped to the plate and agreed to take one for the team and play Oklahoma. Also, Jahim is right in that Z is in the final year of his original three-year deal, so a buyout wouldn't be necessary. However, remember that the last two coaches to have their contracts run out, Allison Gibson in soccer, and Joe O'Brien in basketball, were both given three-year extensions once the original deals were up.

Way to be positive on a Monday....

ISUSID

Zamberlin is a great head coach and ISU would be crazy to let him go. All he needs is more talent on the field and more time to develop it and reap the rewards. The 09 recruiting class includes some phenomenal young talent. And, call me crazy, but don't put the Okie game in the L column yet! You never know. Ask Boise!

Speaking of recruiting, who is ISU working on in the class of 2010? Haven't heard about much beyond the usual UW and WSU efforts here in WA. There are always a few great players who for whatever reason fly under the radar at signing time, and I hope ISU capitalizes on that. Often they end up at D2 or D3 schools, if they play at all after high school. Hope ISU has a plan to capture some of these guys to keep building the program.

If you want some suggestions from within WA I'd be happy to help!!

I have heard and have been reading that Eastern Washington program is very close to getting cut or dropping down a division. I am not sure how much truth their is to that rumor. That would suck, I want the Eagles to survive.
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37534

Paul Wulff going to Wazzou has hurt ISU recruiting over the past two years. He simply cannot attract the talent that he needs in the PAC 10, so he is signing kids that are probably better suited for 1-AA schools. ISU was HOT on a number of kids that Wulff ended up getting to go to the Cougars in his first recruiting class. They often went because Washington State was the only D-1 offer that they got.

Here are some of the kids that ISU has shown interest in early according to the recruiting sites:

Samson Faifili
Inside LB
West Valley City (UT) Granger

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 225 lbs
Forty: 4.5 secs
Class: 2010

Kyle Griffin
OLB
Oroville (CA) Butte C.C.

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 215 lbs
Forty: 4.7 secs
Class: 2010 (Junior College)

Jared Onouye
DB
Santa Monica (CA) Santa Monica HS

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 178 lbs
Forty: 4.64 secs
Bench max: 235 pounds
Vertical: 33 inches
Shuttle: 4.32 secs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Taylor Kelly
Ht: 6-2 Wt: 182 40: 4.65
Position: QB
Year: Class of 2010
High School: Eagle HS
(Eagle, ID)
One of the top QB's in Idaho for 2009. Suffered a broken leg 9 games into the 2008-09 season and still completed 119-of-192 passes for 1,800 yards and 17 TDs, and ran 77 times for 423 yards and five TDs.

Patrick Blanar
Ht: 6-3 Wt: 280
Position: OG
High School: Cactus HS
(Glendale, AZ)

Louis Davis
Ht: 5-11.5 Wt: 205
Position: LB, RB
High School: Wilson Senior HS
(Tacoma, WA)

bengalcub said:
Paul Wulff going to Wazzou has hurt ISU recruiting over the past two years. He simply cannot attract the talent that he needs in the PAC 10, so he is signing kids that are probably better suited for 1-AA schools.

Ironically enough, the Logan (Utah) newspaper made mention this weekend of a player offered:

Bryan Sampson, a tight end/defensive end from Pleasant Grove, has been offered by USU, Idaho State and Washington State.

The Herald Journal: Junior Day is a Success for Ags

Latest posts

Back