• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

I'm really disappointed in you guys

Skippy

i thought by now this board would be full of first impressions of Idaho State football: Sanders' play, the defense, Mangum's catch, Jakori Ford....come on Bengal faithful, these are the "good old days."

I wasn't there but followed it on gamecast. Encouraging performance. Relieved to see the QBs played well, and Madison back in top form. How was the crowd?

Would have been the perfect opening weekend had Taysom not gotten hurt. Feel terrible for that guy after all the rehab and with that much potential.

Listed attendance was 6000. Not bad for a D-ll on Labor Day weekend. It would be great if we could get 8000 for a huge game with Portland State next weekend.

Skippy said:
Listed attendance was 6000. Not bad for a D-ll on Labor Day weekend. It would be great if we could get 8000 for a huge game with Portland State next weekend.

Not to mention the opening day of the state fair. I know nothing will ever come of it, but a later start would have been better. Even a Thursday night game.

It was nice to watch a game and see us in complete control. It was a D-II, but we did everything we were supposed to.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The offense is picking up right where it left off last year. And who thought we'd be #2 in total offense AND #4 in total defense, even if it is only week 1 and against a D-II? :D

Skippy said:
i thought by now this board would be full of first impressions of Idaho State football: Sanders' play, the defense, Mangum's catch, Jakori Ford....come on Bengal faithful, these are the "good old days."

I think people are reluctant to say opinions yet being that it was a D2 school, but even so, we can get a feel for how things are going, and as VOTB said on the radio, "I don't care of you're playing pop warner league, it's hard to have one guy rush for over 200 yards"
So Skippy, with that said, here it goes.... Sanders was fantastic! He did a great job of hitting check down receivers, put the ball out there in stride on a few long passes, came out of the pocket as needed and found guys to throw to, AND stayed in the pocket and took a few hits as he released for completions. 15-18 completion and one should have been 16-18.

The defense. First shut out in 10 years. Done. (Black his state never crossed the 50 yard line)

Mangum is top of the world. We all love that guy. I cant wait till he gets to do it on tv against Boise state and unlv. Thanks to his brother for the BYU hail mary on the same day to make it a "brother story" and help it go national!

Jakori looks super. His speed with second effort is right where he wants to be. I fell in love with him last year when he had 3 carries for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns against Simon Frasier.

Finney looked good. Saw little of him as it should be. Save him at home for EWU and the Montanas.

They crowd was good. Looked like about 2000 less then cal poly game. I thought it was great for the first game and a D2. The noise level was fantastic the first 2 minutes. After that it was 14-0 and I think we all felt sorry for Black Hills State. I personally loose my voice on 3rd down every game. This one.... no. Lol.

More thoughts everyone? !!!

Good day the best thing was that ISU was together. You could tell by the 2nd half that ISU was trying to keep from running up the score. The only turnover ISU had was a fumble by Jakori but I think that it was just a great play by the defender as he had the ball tucked tight. Sanders looked great and having Gueller is a huge plus.

The other positive is that ISU has some good talent in the depths. Lots of game time for the 2s and 3s. Good job on the kicking game no errors. Need to work on Pass defense and rush but it will come together.

On a side note watched the WUS PSU upset highlights and I think it was more WSU imploding then PSU dominating. I think just about any BSC team would have beat WSU yesterday.

P.S. we will continue the cannon next week before the game it was great we had a lot of people more than what is seen in the video. Cannon shot everyone started inside.

https://video-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=70d66d245f070d03ff6c7a180aea524a&oe=55EC81DF

I wanted to wait until next week after PSU game and I think we will see more. I really liked our tackling and we were hitting very hard. Their closing time between pass and tackle was superb on defense. Again hard to tell against a Div.II team? I was really surprised with our rhythm and timing as a whole. We played like we had a couple games under our belt. I left happy and content. Go Bengals!

I echo the positive compliments of everyone on this board.

Shoot me--I do have some concerns.

Kickoffs are poor again this year. Kramer wants the balls to be between the sideline and the hash. Touch backs put the ball on the 25. Well placed kickoffs can swing field position by 5+ yards. Kickoffs out of bounds are unacceptable as the opponent starts out on the 35.

Defensive alignment. I know ISU rotated a lot of dudes Saturday and there is going to be some confusion. Early in the game with the ones, I saw ISU get aligned late on a number of occasions and it seemed like there was a great deal of pre-snap confusion. They need to know where they need to be and be able to adjust to shifts and motion. Especially with the trend in college football with teams going to the spread/hurry up offense.

When my kids were 6 and 8 I used to play basketball with them. I looked like Michael Jordan. For me I nothing from this game. Black hills could not beat some high schools in California they were that bad . As a up and coming team I hope we never set up a game like that again. I would rather lose like we did vs utah last year then have seen this. Now our timing has to be ramped up to face a team that is already good but now on a high..can we do it of course but not because of anything that happened on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back