• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

IM VERY PROUD OF THE TEAM AFTER THAT GAME VS UM

demian

I want to say THANK YOU BENGALS PLAYERS AND COACHES FOR A GREAT DEMOSTRATION OF HEART AND PRIDE.
So fun to watch that game.
The players played with a sense of urgency and focus ALL GAME LONG.
ALL OFFENSIVE SKILL PLAYERS LOOKED GREAT.
ALL PLAYERS PLAYED WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF GRIT.
ALL PLAYERS PLAYED WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY.
Mike Kramer and his staff CAN REALLY COACH. He and his staff and that team went into that hostile environment with a depleted team due to injuries etc and did as well as they did.
THAT TEAM LOOKED LIKE A TEAM WHO WAS HAVING FUN PLAYING THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. That was cool to see.
Shame on any who thought this team was/is not a division 1 team. WAY TO GO PLAYERS AND COACHES BY PROVING THEM WRONG!!
This team and these players are well worthy to have the people of the City of Pocatello and the southeast region of Idaho come out and pay good hard earned money to watch the final home game in HOLT ARENA on 11/19/16.
I AM VERY PROUD TO BE PART OF THE ISU BENGAL FAMILY.
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

up for the challenge said:
The players always give their best and try to compete. The coaches should be happy that the players gave it their all on the field.

I agree. If I was a coach I would be VERY HAPPY & PROUD with the players when I looked at them in the locker room after the game. If I was a PLAYER I would also look at my coaches in the locker room after that game with respect and honor also

demian said:
I want to say THANK YOU BENGALS PLAYERS AND COACHES FOR A GREAT DEMOSTRATION OF HEART AND PRIDE.
Mike Kramer and his staff CAN REALLY COACH. He and his staff and that team went into that hostile environment with a depleted team due to injuries etc and did as well as they did.
THAT TEAM LOOKED LIKE A TEAM WHO WAS HAVING FUN PLAYING THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. That was cool to see.
Shame on any who thought this team was/is not a division 1 team. WAY TO GO PLAYERS AND COACHES BY PROVING THEM WRONG!!
This team and these players are well worthy to have the people of the City of Pocatello and the southeast region of Idaho come out and pay good hard earned money to watch the final home game in HOLT ARENA on 11/19/16.
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

D

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. The only thing i talk issue with and don't take it the wrong way. While the O did a wonderful job this is still a team game. Giving up 62 points is not a step forward. As cool as uniforms are and air raid offense you only win games by running the football and playing Defense consistently. If I were the coach I would have been happier with a 10-7 game then a 62-44 game.

The showed a lot of pride and didn't just roll over. They deserve a lot of kudos for the effort.

PBP

"As cool as uniforms are and air raid offense you only win games by running the football and playing Defense consistently. If I were the coach I would have been happier with a 10-7 game then a 62-44 game."

Wow, Eric. Really? You're going to take a poke at the Defense?

bill_idaflls said:
"As cool as uniforms are and air raid offense you only win games by running the football and playing Defense consistently. If I were the coach I would have been happier with a 10-7 game then a 62-44 game."

Wow, Eric. Really? You're going to take a poke at the Defense?

Bill,

Not at all in fact I'm defending them. While everyone is saying what a great job was done. How do you think they feel. Football is. Team game not a offense game.

At least for a day all my criticism of the QB, the staff and the head coach were repeatedly proven wrong. This team has a long way to go but seeing a glimmer of hope felt pretty good. I perceive what I saw as maximum heart, maximum effort, a coach proud of his team, a team motivated by their leader, and a team united that refused to fracture.

I also learned how little I really know.

I would say that the offense's improvement may have a lot to do with who was calling the plays this week. This team's issue is not due to talent. I would encourage the Bengal supporters to support the players and coaches during this time and hope for some change in the future. Whether that means a new staff, I don't know but there needs to be a change. I do know that if ISU is to be competitive in the BSC we need to continue improve facilities and increase funding. This team has really struggled since Don Bailey left the program and his ability to keep Coach Kramer under control was vital to the teams success.

i enjoyed the game on root tv. showed me how tough our defense is against the run. GREAT! However, pass defense remains really bad. and i mean really bad. What inspired me was the backup qb. HE WAS GREAT. the receivers did well too. surprised that williams dropped a couple passes.

lb's and defensive line impressed

Eric hollowell said:
demian said:
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

D

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. The only thing i talk issue with and don't take it the wrong way. While the O did a wonderful job this is still a team game. Giving up 62 points is not a step forward. As cool as uniforms are and air raid offense you only win games by running the football and playing Defense consistently. If I were the coach I would have been happier with a 10-7 game then a 62-44 game.

Oh Eric no worries man. I did not take that the wrong way. I hear ya man. It is true running the ball and possessing the football and defense are all huge. I will not disagree one bit with you on that. Yeah 62 points is no ones preference but shoot the one thing I hate about MOST college football games FBS and Big Sky is that is typical of a lot of scores ALL OVER THE COUNTRY these days, I hate it too. I hate watching PAC 12 games, Big 12 games that are 65-48 etc etc. But since ISU was on TV yesterday I really enjoyed watching that lol haha. I would prefere a 28-24 type game. But I was happy to see the offense get rolling finally. The special teams was GREAT (41 yard FG was nice), OUTSTANDING coverages on kicks even solid in the return game as well. I do think we took a step forward in some regards though = Any HS player in the state of Washington, Oregon and Idaho who watched that game on the regional High Defenition Television Broadcast on Root Sports NW had to be inpressed on some level. ISU was very appealing to the eyes in a lot of regards on HD tv last night. First the HELMETS LOOK OUTSTANDING on TV in HIGH DEF. The shiny orange helmet are the best in league in my opinion. The offense looked GREAT on TV in High Def. The sidelines looked GREAT on TV in High Def (there was a lot of joy on the faces of the coaches and players on sidelines, CONFIDENCE WAS OOZING OFF THE PLAYERS on the television screen, I even saw Caleb Brown #5 dancing on the sideline once in second half which is cool, footballs fun, I saw Coach Kramer exchanging a great joyful laughter moment with the kick cover team right before sending the unit onto field for Kick off coverage after we scored a TD. I love a fun, lively, enthusiastic sideline. THAT STUFF I think resonates with recruits and parents who may be watching the game with there high school aged son). Did we win NO, did we give up a lot of points YES. But did we battle, did we compete right to the very end, did we play physical, did we respond time and time again, did we have BIG EXPLOSIVE PLAYS, did we look like a team who to someone watching on TV might utter "better get em now cuz that is a young team and look the hell out Big Sky Conference cuz in a year or two, YIKES they could be pretty scary", did we look like a team who would be cool to play for?? YES TO ALL OF THOSE QUESTIONS I THINK. That of course is just my opinion, I cant speak for everyone. Not all FCS caliber players out of high school in pacific northwest can sign with Montana, Idaho, Eastern Washington, Portland State due to scholarship limit of 63 for ALL, and due to depth charts etc etc, I bet some Pac Northwest HS players might consider ISU appealing based on what they saw last night. Any way just my thoughts.

Eric hollowell said:
demian said:
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

D

I agree with Eric. It is a team sport. How do you win a game by giving up 62 points? Like Eric said and I agree, it is not a step forward even though our offense played well. Montana may not be as good as people believe. They came into this game with a 2-3 record in the Big Sky. Montana record improved and we took another step back in the loss column. We will finish with one and maybe with some luck two wins in the Big Sky again.

Reborn2010 said:
i enjoyed the game on root tv. showed me how tough our defense is against the run. GREAT! However, pass defense remains really bad. and i mean really bad. What inspired me was the backup qb. HE WAS GREAT. the receivers did well too. surprised that williams dropped a couple passes.

lb's and defensive line impressed

Reborn :

I really enjoyed watching that backup QB. Very nifty feet. Quick. Extended playes with his feet and then found open recievers down field and converted some nice downfield throws. Good for that guy.

Eric hollowell said:
demian said:
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

D

I agree with Eric. It is a team sport. How do you win a game by giving up 62 points? Like Eric said and I agree, it is not a step forward even though our offense played well. Montana may not be as good as people believe. They came into this game with a 2-3 record in the Big Sky. Montana record improved and we took another step back in the loss column. We will finish with one and maybe with some luck two wins in the Big Sky again.

Up,

Im trying to measure my word's because the only reason I'm still on this blog is because of the die hard fans. So here is my point. I played D and I coached D. They are not feeling like it was a step forward and we has fans should be sensitive about saying how great it was yesterday . There are no moral victories. We when or lose as a team.

Eric hollowell said:
Eric hollowell said:
demian said:
ON TO CHENEY!!!!!!!

D

Up,

Im trying to measure my word's because the only reason I'm still on this blog is because of the die hard fans. So here is my point. I played D and I coached D. They are not feeling like it was a step forward and we has fans should be sensitive about saying how great it was yesterday . There are no moral victories. We when or lose as a team.

Eric,

I agree with you. I understand why fans are posting as they are proud to see this team do better and compete the best they could but that does not change anything for the coaches and players as they still lost. I guess the fans think this was the game that will change the program around. They really believe that..

[/quote] Eric,

I agree with you. I understand why fans are posting as they are proud to see this team do better and compete the best they could but that does not change anything for the coaches and players as they still lost. I guess the fans think this was the game that will change the program around. They really believe that..[/quote]

I don't think any of the fans who posted positive comments necessarily think this game will "change the program around." I'd be very surprised if any of them felt that way to be perfectly honest. I think they simply are giving some credit where it is due.

Given the injuries, this could have been a total embarrassment...it wasn't...at least we aren't talking like what happened at UNLV are we?

PBP

Eric,

I agree with you. I understand why fans are posting as they are proud to see this team do better and compete the best they could but that does not change anything for the coaches and players as they still lost. I guess the fans think this was the game that will change the program around. They really believe that..[/quote]

I don't think any of the fans who posted positive comments necessarily think this game will "change the program around." I'd be very surprised if any of them felt that way to be perfectly honest. I think they simply are giving some credit where it is due.

Given the injuries, this could have been a total embarrassment...it wasn't...at least we aren't talking like what happened at UNLV are we?

PBP[/quote]

PBP, oh my word I still see UNLV in my head. on the upside being in LV we had a great dinner that night. I love the upbeat of the fans and that's why i did not want to seem like I was bringing it down.

PBP, oh my word I still see UNLV in my head. on the upside being in LV we had a great dinner that night. I love the upbeat of the fans and that's why i did not want to seem like I was bringing it down.[/quote]

Eric:

I don't think you were, sorry if my comment wasn't clear but I was replying to Up's post which I quoted in my response.

PBP

Interesting reading the Griz forums. Even though they won, those are some butt hurt fans. Not one ounce of credit to ISU, only that their lack in Defense and excuses allowed 44pts against them. We may have not capitalized on every opportunity, but we did a damn good job plowing ahead and not getting mentally beat at their house. So much trash talk on their side and let me tell you I enjoyed the best few minutes of this season sitting in their stadium last night. When we went ahead on the board and our small ISU contingent was out cheering their 24K+ fans, damn that was awesome! Montana sat there in silent disbelief that ISU could put them to the wall that first half and answer each of their strikes. It was a short lived victory, but with our injuries and adversities ISU came to play.

I'll give it up to Montana fans though, they are some of the nicest people we've encountered all year. We donned our full Bengal gear and many tailgaters invited us over for food and drinks. Genuinely great folk and company in Montana sans forum keyboard warriors. The stadium environment and fans lived up to all the hype. They were so loud our players couldn't hear audible snap counts and I realized that's why their QB clapped his counts. Their center was sketchy though with all his flinching and head movement. Finally they called him on it.

EWU is going to be interesting. I can guarantee they are looking past us, but it's all who shows up that day. They better not get caught slipping, because we've played our best games against the top schools in the BigSky this season. We have some battered players, but that gives opportunity to players that want to make their mark...T. Pilster. Great job Bengals, be proud of yourselves.

Tacoma5 said:
Interesting reading the Griz forums. Even though they won, those are some butt hurt fans. Not one ounce of credit to ISU, only that their lack in Defense and excuses allowed 44pts against them. We may have not capitalized on every opportunity, but we did a damn good job plowing ahead and not getting mentally beat at their house. So much trash talk on their side and let me tell you I enjoyed the best few minutes of this season sitting in their stadium last night. When we went ahead on the board and our small ISU contingent was out cheering their 24K+ fans, damn that was awesome! Montana sat there in silent disbelief that ISU could put them to the wall that first half and answer each of their strikes. It was a short lived victory, but with our injuries and adversities ISU came to play.

I'll give it up to Montana fans though, they are some of the nicest people we've encountered all year. We donned our full Bengal gear and many tailgaters invited us over for food and drinks. Genuinely great folk and company in Montana sans forum keyboard warriors. The stadium environment and fans lived up to all the hype. They were so loud our players couldn't hear audible snap counts and I realized that's why their QB clapped his counts. Their center was sketchy though with all his flinching and head movement. Finally they called him on it.

EWU is going to be interesting. I can guarantee they are looking past us, but it's all who shows up that day. They better not get caught slipping, because we've played our best games against the top schools in the BigSky this season. We have some battered players, but that gives opportunity to players that want to make their mark...T. Pilster. Great job Bengals, be proud of yourselves.

Tacoma5 = You and all of the ISU fans looked SO COOL on TV. Great energy and support you gave the team. The team OOZED OF CONFIDENCE AND MOXI on TV and I know part of that was due to the ISU fans at that game.

Latest posts

Back